Location: New York, NY
The Prototyping Engineer role will report to the User Experience Research Lead and will collaborate closely with the rest of the design team to implement (in rapid code) prototypes of the various product designs of the SiriusXM User Experience Group. This includes but is not limited to: creating LoFi clickable image prototypes with InVision as well as HiFi prototypes with Android, iOS, Win10 & Web (HTML5) with the intent of supporting A/B user testing & executive concept sell-in, executing rapid interface development support such as animation/screen transition code and UX templates for engineering teams and partner OEM support, as well as assisting with technical/code QA (as it relates to design and UX). Speed and code quality will be critical. This prototyping engineer will also collaborate directly with our external design agency, various product managers, other engineers, and corporate stakeholders. All work will be done using an iterative, agile-development, methodology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Follow industry best practices and company conventions to develop stable/engaging user experience prototypes using the latest code/technology paradigms.
* Work closely with our design agency, and user experience group team members to efficiently prototype/develop features and functions for our various streaming products.
* Optimize/refine prototypes through A/B user testing, & stakeholder input.
* Remain well-versed in programming standards, software tools, key-platform HIGs, and emerging trends both in mobile and desktop/web software development areas.
* Attend code reviews of reference client as the UX Team's delegate to facilitate as a TQA resource from a design implementation perspective.
* Interface/collaborate with engineering/API teams as required.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
* 3-5 years of experience within the software/engineering industry.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
* Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Ability to work with design source material from Sketch, Illustrator, After Effects (for extracting source design elements)and Photoshop.
* Experience with prototyping tools such as inVision for illustrating design concepts.
* Experience with responsive web design implementation (HTML5).
* Experience with mobile application design implementation (iOS, Android, Win10).
* Experience with cross-platform development frameworks (eg: React Native, Xamarin, etc).
* Experience prototyping APIs and back-end solutions.
* Familiarity with build distribution (TestFlight, Crashlytics, etc).
* Familiarity with each platform's UX patterns and design language (eg: Material Design on Android, Universal Apps on Windows, etc.).
* Android SDK.
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Your favorite music, commercial-free, plus uncensored talk and entertainment, sports and Howard Stern.