Location: AA Headquarters 1 (DFW-HDQ1)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 30193
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You've come to the right place.
You don't have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We're glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we're building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry - and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
The Digital Campus Experience team specializes in creating immersive and engaging digital experiences for team members leveraging digital signage and native mobile. We are looking for a project manager with an understanding of design, technology and content delivery. In this role, you will work closely with stakeholders across the enterprise to define and guide digital communication projects such as large format screens and native mobile application from start to finish. You will support the development of tools to manage requests from our field screen administrators, evaluate requests for publishing, work closely with the Audio and Visual IT team on hardware issues, improvements to the CMS, MagicInfo and all aspects of content delivery, including system training, tool guidance and governance.
Specifically, you'll do the following:
* Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
* Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
* Support the Product Owner in managing expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
* Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
* Troubleshoot a variety of displays located across the country
* Act as a subject matter expert and be able to effectively communicate to build strong relationships across both technical and non-technical teams
* Administer and conduct training and provide guidance on the use of MagicInfo and custom CMS
* Work with Designer, Campus Digital to develop field templates for ad hoc content and field self-serve
* Support user community on technology-related issues
* 2-5 years of experience in a program/project management capacity or Project Management Professional (PMP) / Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
* Experience with Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat
* Some Experience in web design with an understanding of HTML and CSS required
* Experience using WordPress or other content management systems
* Strategic thinker with a strong understanding of digital platforms and projects
* Collaborative, self-starter with a desire to initiate and drive projects to completion
* Open, collaborative and proven team player with an ability to communicate results and insights to cross-functional partners
* Ability to identify opportunities for improving existing processes
* Highly organized individual who can deliver results with minimal direction
* Ability to perform in an Agile based, fast paced iterative environment
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 30193
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Project Manager, Developer, Manager, Marketing Manager, Business Process, Technology, Management, Marketing
About American Airlines
American Airlines operates as a network air carrier.