Location: AA Headquarters 1 (DFW-HDQ1)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 29347
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You've come to the right place.
You don't have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We're glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we're building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry - and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This job is a member of the Information Technology Team, within the Information Technology Division. The Associate Engineer/Engineer, IT Infrastructure will work with other engineers as a liaison between the business and technology teams in defining and/or conveying software products and services being delivered. The role focuses on supporting both project and operational objectives by analyzing business functions, gathering business requirements and technical information, evaluating output requirements and recommending controls. The candidate will also be involved in supporting customer/business needs around user administration, configuration management, communicating system behaviors, reporting, performance, monitoring, coordinating system needs (end of service life, patching, upgrading), support incoming bugs and defects as well as assist project managers with change requests, small enhancements and contribute to any incoming project initiatives. The Infrastructure Engineer will be a key contributor in developing solutions on complex infrastructure projects.
Specifically, you'll do the following:
* Provides on-going support for existing systems
* Assists with the development of business requirements, translates them into functional and technical specifications and tracks them through the complete development and/or change life-cycle
* Performs or coordinates gathering, review and analysis of data and data integrity
* Manages system configurations, systems access, and analyzes and recommends enhancements to improve system operations
About The Job (Continued)
* Manages communication on support issues, creates system reference guides, training materials, and system and process diagrams
* Encourages an environment of sharing and team work among the team
* Troubleshoots and resolves system issues, and/or coordinate same
* Supports communication and response process by responding to users on system issues, maintenance and system status, and advising and escalating on any prolonged or major issues
* Creates/maintains reporting metrics and procedure documentation, to ensure consistent and accurate handling of problems and ensure SLAs are achieved
* Supports system change process that notifies all business areas and managers of system downtime, delays and/or alert
* Stays current with systems technology best practices and changing technologies, in order to maintain domain expertise and recommend enhancements or changes
* Travels, as required
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
* 2 years of experience as a systems or infrastructure engineer or administrator
* Ability to plan strategically for current and future business environments, including future technology and business design changes to create flexible, scalable solutions
* Knowledge of IT business operations, systems requirements and processes
* Understanding of computer technologies, environments and datacenters, and their engineering integration into mission critical system designs
* Knowledge in operating systems, client and/or hosting hardware, back office applications, web and application services, network protocols, databases, connectivity services, storage, backup and recovery, systems management concepts and techniques for mission critical systems
* Demonstrated experience in the following technologies:
* Database technlogies
* Windws 7, 8.1, 10
* Experience in creating Programs and their related Process in regards to Health of Devices, Networks
* Understanding of DNS and DHCP protocols
Required Qualifications (Continued)
* Ability to create IPv4 addressing plans
* Demonstrated initiative, flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a keen desire to learn and expand depth of knowledge
* Ability to thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment and leverage best practices
* Knowledge of DevOps Toolchain methodologies, including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
* Ability to work in an Agile project management methodology, specifically within the infrastructure area
* Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Visio)
* 3+ years of experience as a systems or infrastructure engineer or administrator
* Airline industry experience
* Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience, including non-technical groups
* Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration and negotiation skills
* Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 29347
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Engineer, Information Systems, Computer Science, Database, Project Manager, Engineering, Technology
About American Airlines
American Airlines operates as a network air carrier.