What you'll be doing...
The Network Transformation program office is responsible for the implementation of strategic initiatives to improve our long-term wireline cost structure by simplifying product sets, moving customers to the best network and service options, and retiring outdated assets.
This position has oversight over Engineering and Operations progress towards meeting Network Transformation's priorities and initiatives.
* Analyzes architecture, relationship between systems, and systems flow of end-to-end designs.
* Interface with Engineering, Operations and Network Planning organizations to serve and support proper designs needed to simplify and modernize the legacy network.
* Track monthly Engineering and Operations progress to ensure progress is being made to achieve Open For Sales, Copper Migration and Switch shutdown targets.
* Sharing progress with leaders and other stakeholders with dashboards and reports.
* Improving processes and outcomes through analysis of successes and shortfalls.
* Tracking project progress, performance, identifying gaps and adjusting plans.
* Engaging with stakeholders and leadership to ensure needs are met and to provide status on initiative progress and outcomes.
What we're looking for...
No one runs a project like you do-on your watch, no balls are dropped. You view a problem as a puzzle you'd like to solve. You're no stranger to tight timelines and competing priorities. And you're a great communicator, able to translate complex technical specifications into concrete requirements. You know how to engage a team, set clear standards, remove barriers, and resolve issues, and you're committed to helping everyone on your team do their best work.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Experience in managing projects, ideally, technical or construction.
* Knowledge with Project Management Institute (PMI) process and standards.
* Experience with MS Project. Even better, Clarity PPM Engines.
* Geospatial mapping experience.
* Seven or more years of experience in telecom with equipment engineering experience.
* Experience with Tableau dashboard authoring.
* Knowledge with WFM, NAR.
* Knowledge in engineering systems, including IVAPP, ICGS, vBuild, LEIS/LFACS, FIM, BDMS.
* Data mining, preparation and modeling experience.
* Ability to be highly motivated, work independently.
* Leadership skills to push all projects to completion, using conflict resolution, facilitation, solution driven analysis, exceptional communication and project methodology.
* Ability to handle multiple priorities to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
* Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.