What you'll be doing...
Mobile Edge Computing (MEC) is an exciting technology which promises to bring large number of use cases. Definitely one of the main ingredients for 5G and the 4th industrial revolution. As more and more use cases are realized through MEC, security is a driving factor contributing to its success. We are seeking a highly talented security professional to aid in securing both MEC and the applications that will run within. This position will involve in contributing with the internal Verizon security community in providing security solutions for MEC related activities, from the device standpoint. As MEC solutions go through their life cycles, this position's key objective is to ensure that best security tools are employed to reduce overall risk and maximize value to our customers.
Responsibilities and Duties
This position will see the incumbent support MEC solution throughout all the life cycle stages such as planning, design, implementation and deployment. For example, during planning stages, studying feasibility of security controls, threatmodeling and risk management. Meanwhile, design and implementation stages will see the definition of security requirements, security flows, penetration testing and compliance. As this position contributes to these activities from the device perspective, it will be necessary to collaborate with other security teams such as Network Security, Product and IT. Therefore, it is imperative that the incumbent to work independently while also building alliances across Verizon security community.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in Cloud Security OR Networking OR Authentication Systems
Even better if you have:
* Education - Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
* At least 6 years of experience in security software engineering and product life cycle
* At least 6 years of experience in Information Security, fields of data encryption, networking, authentication are desired
* Extensive Security experience in AWS/Azure/Android/IoS cloud computing and virtualization
* Experience in architecture, design and implementation of systems
* Experience in vendor management
* Ability to work with very little supervision, self-manage goals and objectives
* CISSP preferred
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.