Req #: 190048831
Location: New York, NY, US
Job Category: Operations
About JP Morgan Asset & Wealth Management
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.7 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
The WM CRD PMO is tasked with the management of the implementation of a best in class portfolio management platform across Wealth Management. The group will partner across the Private Bank, including Business Leaders, Investors, Portfolio Managers, Technology, Middle Office, Risk, Legal and Compliance to transform both the operating model and associated platform to support over $300Bn in discretionary and advisory assets while looking to save substantial expenses by eliminating legacy and redundant applications, platforms, processes. The team will coordinates information, business requirements and infrastructure necessary to enable the implementation and business transformation.
Role and Responsibilities:
As a senior Project Manager within the CRD PMO, you will be participating in projects and providing support for various initiatives supporting the implementation of CRD and any associated business transformative projects. The candidate may be involved in multiple projects or initiatives, working across the whole project lifecycle, researching new projects, business process changes, configuration changes or system modifications. Through strong partnership with Business, Operations and Technology counterparts the candidate will work on project deliverables. Primary areas of focus will include eliciting project or initiative requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis. As a senior Project Manager you will critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs. Additionally, he/she will assist in the overall coordination and management of the program including status, scorecards, and other key project management functions.
* Coordinate with various areas of Operations, Middle Office, Finance, Technology, and Senior Management to build business requirements, procedures and processes. This will include project plan development, resource management, requirements management (elicitation, documentation, prioritization, etc.), process mapping, process design, procedure authoring, org design, capacity sizing, etc.
* Project analysis, including documenting business requirements, detailing issues and risks, and drafting business processes and data flows
* Data analysis, including data collection, synthesis, and translation of results into concrete actionable solutions
* Identify gaps between applicable requirements and current procedures/controls and drive resolution of mitigating controls
* Work with business partners to design and implement enhancements to existing processes and/or business applications, introduce new processes and/or toolsets, and engage in process re-engineering
* Develop and implement solutions that strengthen business operating models, enhance the client experience, and improve efficiency and controls
* Define user acceptance test plans and test cases, coordinate and execute user acceptance testing and interpret, assess, and communicate results to enable signoff on deliverables
* Provide implementation support, inclusive of testing and process change management, and ensure those implementations meet requirements established by Oversight and Control partners
* Partner with training and communications teams to develop change management/training plans and appropriate communications related to project delivery and training
* Develop subject matter expertise on specific areas within the Business and present in a variety of forums and settings
* Apply a critical eye in evaluating existing processes and frameworks; challenge the status quo and recommend solutions / enhancements to operating models and controls
* Build strong partnerships with control partners, within the WM Business Management organization, and across Business teams
* Work independently, keep management informed of progress and escalate issues
* Bachelor's Degree required
* 10-15 years heavy Project Management experience
* Excellent communication and presentations skills, across various stakeholders and senior management
* Build Project plans, run books, Hour by Hour plans
* Intermediate/Advanced experience using Microsoft Office, including Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
* Excellent analytical and logical thinking to understand and analyze complex business processes
* Strong organizational and prioritization skills, detail oriented and strong interpersonal skills
* Financial Industry Experience is a plus, preferably Private Banking, Investment Management, or Brokerage/IB
* End-to-end project management including scoping, business case development, implementation, and change management
* System implementation experience in managing across development lifecycle of an application, preferably a trading or portfolio management platform
* A degree of technical acumen / solution design
* Ability to analyze and resolve project-related issues and follow through with set objectives
* Ability to deal with different stakeholder groups to elicit business requirements, procedures and processes
* Ability to work in a high paced environment, be flexible, follow tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work
* Be a team player who shows commitment and dedication, and can maintain a positive attitude and high level of performance on high profile/time-sensitive initiatives
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.