Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Java Fullstack Software Engineer
Req #: 190037361
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
* Working knowledge of API design patterns, data modeling and software development architectural principles
* Working proficiency in development toolsets such as IntelliJ and GIT
* 3 - 5 years' experience with Java, preferred experience with Spring framework
* Experience in full-stack Java development using agile methodology and tools including iterative development models
* Minimum 3+ years agile experience with full development lifecycle from inception through implementation
* Experience working with private or public cloud platforms
* Thorough understanding of micro-services design principles and 12 factor applications
* Preferred understanding and development experience of Restful and Soap web-services
* Strong understanding of SQL and working experience with relational databases.
* Preferred general understanding of event publisher/subscriber concepts, with working knowledge on Kafka and Cassandra database.
* Experience with development, deployment and support of large-scale applications in mission-critical production environment.
* Test-infected attitude (strong desire to perform thorough and exhaustive unit, integration and system testing; Test Driven Development experience a plus)
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.