Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Lead Software Engineer - Java /J2EE & Oracle
Req #: 190042807
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Job Category: Technology
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
* Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
* The Reference Data Technology Instruments team provides reference data delivery solutions mastering and distributing instrument reference and pricing data across the various lines of businesses
* This senior developer / lead role shall be part of a team working on the strategic buildup of the future state reference data technology platform for the various lines of businesses. Candidates will be expected to possess and demonstrate solid experience with SDLC lifecycle, Agile, Java and RDBMS/SQL database skills
* 10+ years of experience in Core Java, J2EE frameworks
* Strong fundamentals in data structures, caching, multithreading, messaging and asynchronous communication
* Strong knowledge of Internet technologies including REST and/or Web Services/SOA
* Strong knowledge of RDBMS/SQL (Esp. Oracle, PLSQL)
* Java Frameworks (Spring, Hibernate); JMS, Junit, Test driven development.
* Must be comfortable with industry standard build/Development tools including: Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Eclipse, IntelliJ
* Continuous Integration and automated deployment experience for multi-branched, multi-module projects.
* Familiarity with Linux and knowledge of command line
* Strong analytical mind and approach to problem solving
* Git / Subversion source control
* No-SQL DB experience a plus
* Cloud computing and micro services experience a plus
* Ability to provide developer support for Production issues
* Knowledge of Agile and experience in Scrum essential
* A strong team player with good communication skills, self-learner focused on quality and delivery
* Ability to lead a team
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You'll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.