United States of America - New York, New York City
AECOM is actively seeking a talented and creative Project Controls Manager (Scheduler) for immediate employment in our New York City, NY offices.
The successful incumbent shall provide Scheduling Support Services at both the Project Level and the Program Level. These services may be required during the initial planning phases as well as the implementation phases. The goal is to develop cost/resource-loaded schedules for each project, which can be rolled up to a Program Level Master Schedule.
The PCM supports Project Management by providing critical decision-making data related to the oversight and management of Project Management-led projects and programs. The Cost Analyst/Engineer is responsible for tracking, managing and coordinating the schedule and resources for the various Construction projects/programs.
The PCM is also responsible for resource utilization in the planning, scheduling and evaluating of all work tasks within the Projects/Programs, Project Controls. Project Control Services include, but are not limited to:
* Plan work tasks utilizing; and Industry best practices and policies and procedures.
* Assist the project team with preparing the overall project plan and the cost and resource loaded project schedule to establish milestone compliance measures and ensure project completion on time and within budget.
* Integrate contractors' construction schedules and site craft labor schedules into the overall project schedules.
* Update schedules on a regular and pre-determined basis with a minimum of weekly updates depending on the project.
* Create and issue milestone, with the agreement of the Project Manager, resource, cash flow and Earned Value Management (EVM_ reports).
* Develop Project Estimates, Project Schedules and Program Master Schedules
* Develop plan for project roll ups to Master Schedule (for Program Level schedules)
* Provide monthly schedule updates, critical path analyses and projected cash-flow reports.
* Download actuals from SAP system in order to run Earned Value Reports.
* Work with Client and all applicable contractors to identify accruals and incorporate them into the monthly reports.
* Set-up Earned Value protocols to measure progress on the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction activities.
* Provide Performance Measurement Reports that show a comparison of the Budget to date, Earned value to date, Actuals to date, and associated cost and schedule variances.
Assist in preparation of the Monthly Progress Report for applicable projects, as necessary. These reports shall include a summary of work performed for the current month, planned work for the subsequent months, Key Milestone status, earned value report, and explanation of any variances.
* Prepare fair cost estimates to confirm contractors' proposals, to keep Change Order costs at most reasonable level.
* Review field-oriented estimates. Analyze and evaluate variances between estimates and prepared bids or proposals received from outside contractors/consultants.
* Perform field visits to review and assess conditions for estimates involving construction contract changes and retrofit projects
Level specific responsibilities:
* Skilled in the development of commercial strategies. Capable of participating in negotiations.
* Requires a demonstrated ability to effectively lead the project controls function on a large/complex project.
* Documents employee performance issues and is instrumental in resolution.
* Conducts root cause analysis.
* Drafts comprehensive project procedures.
* Possesses proven knowledge of scope control and change management.
* Oversees the production and maintenance of accurate project schedules. Expert understanding of schedule resource loading and leveling.
* Assists the Project Manager in budgeting and managing incentive programs.
* Holds an expert understanding of schedule, critical path analysis, resource loading and leveling.
* Establishes and maintains client relationships.
* Has the ability to review and analyze project program and oversee the production of accurate progress/performance reports.
* Able to review and assess (as required) raw data that comes from project automated systems.
* Serves as a key participant in client and/or subcontractor negotiations.
* Participates in staffing decisions for projects.
* Ensures that a tracking database is developed and maintained to cross check subcontractor funding is aligned with work authorization and expenditures.
* Involved in tracking system to insure that Project Management team is fully aware of detailed change order status.
* BA/BS plus 8 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
* Experience in utility or construction scheduling in Primavera P6
* Relevant PMI certification
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Program and Project Management
Business Line Power & Industrial
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 220899BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
AECOM is an engineering company that provides design, consulting, construction, and management services to governments, businesses, and organizations.