Support Microsoft's Non-Production Corpnet Infrastructure in CO+I Data centers Globally. Primary focus on Design and Implementation, while providing support to current and future Wireless Health Program at all data centers Globally. This FTE (Global Support Engineer) will be responsible to support and conduct Wireless Surveys at the Data Center at an 18 months cadence after initial deployment of the data center. Partner with Data Center Services (DCS) to review any issues and complaints that arise from the Voice of the Data Center. This position will as well support SKU creation for Corporate Network (CorpNet) Network Hardware to be deployed in the Data Centers. This position is based in Redmond, WA.
* A BS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience) and a minimum of 3 years in supporting/troubleshooting and deploying networks in large enterprise class or service providers
* Experience using Ekahau Site Survey, Ekahau pro, Ekahau Side Kick, and/or similar Wireless planning tools.
* ECSE certification and/or similar certifications
* Ability to manage, prioritize and successfully execute multiple concurrent mission-critical server deployment projects.
* Leadership and effective coordination capability to deliver upon established SLAs
* Ability to communicate technical and business problems in a non-technical manner
* Must be extremely detail oriented with strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
* Experience with Cisco and other first tier network equipment manufacturers
* Ability to adapt to new toolsets and business management applications
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic and high-pressure environment
* Flexibility to work off-shifts as requested or dictated by the flow of business
* Must be able to both operate as a member of a larger global team while fostering a culture of teamwork for his/her respective local team.
* Demonstrated leadership ability, strong team player who enjoys a fast-paced atmosphere
* Requires excellent inter-personal, communication and presentation skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* The GSE is responsible for creating and owning Data Centers Wireless Health Program.
* Reviewing the Wireless Infrastructure and Overall Performance Index on an 18 months cycle from initial deployment, and manage the Ekahau Wireless RF Survey Program
* Coordinate with CSE Wireless Engineers to ensure compliance with hardware (EOL) and software updates
* Develop remediation plans as required to ensure performance in compliance with all MSFT CSE design standards
* Hardware Upgrades
* Infrastructure/Cabling Modifications.
* Solicit Operational feedback on performance criteria (Voice of the Data Center).
* Coordinate and Schedule modification and future reviews with local operations team.
* Validate and revise key engineering artifacts such as standards and deployment guides
* Work closely with architects and engineering teams to understand emerging Wireless technologies and how they would benefit the Microsoft network and its users
* Participate in network health analysis and optimization via Wireless Site Surveys, monitoring and capacity planning
* Create and maintain equipment SKUs for CorpNet Hardware that will be deployed in all Data Centers (regionally/globally).
* Develop and Maintain a program to migrate CorpNet equipment ordering from MyOrder to FORM/ AzureDevOps.
* Work with Procurement Team, World Wide Technology (WWT) and others on the procurement of network equipment
* Coordinate with Core Support Services (CSE) to develop and maintain:
* CorpNet Refresh Cadence
* CorpNet Design Templates
* Operational Standards and training
* Deployment Network Engineer assignment
* Service Now Tickets (SNow)
* Other CorpNet Tools.
* Men&Mice IP addressing Tool
* Ekahau Pro and Side Kick Wireless Predictive Analysis Tool
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.