The Program Manager will provide leadership for planning and execution of cross-functional programs/projects and compliance initiatives delivering business value through effective collaboration with stakeholders in IT Quality, Global Quality and Global Clinical organizations. The scope includes but not limited to managing IT remediations resulting from Health Authority inspections - GCP Sponsor inspections by EMA, MHRA and FDA (and others) in addition to requirements arising out of Data Integrity initiative. This will require orchestrating efforts across board set of stakeholders and sponsors ensuring commitments are met with the right sense of urgency.
* Manage the delivery of the overall Audit/Inspection IT remediation portfolio of projects. Identify portfolio risks, barriers, and dependencies
* Monitor progress, drive issue/risk management, and communicate changes with stakeholders in timely and effective manner to facilitate appropriate course correction to ensure effective delivery of projects.
* Build a consistent, predictable approach to identify, track, manage and prioritize inspection/audit related remediation programs/projects
* Develop a pool of contract project managers with domain expertise that can scale to absorb the variable levels of demand
* Build effective guiding coalitions with key stakeholders including, Global Quality, Global Clinical Organization, IT Quality Management, Business Stakeholders, IT Business Partners
Additional Responsibilities (consistent across all Program Management roles):
* Provide support to IT Leadership in program operations including budgeting/forecasting, financial reconciliation, vendor management, and procurement. Proactively remove obstacles to drive project/program momentum and progress. Engage and energize the program teams
* Build effective coalitions with key stakeholders at various levels across business, plan and build & run organizations leading to better alignment while accommodating new ideas or evolving requirements to deliver value in an agile manner
* Holistic project monitoring, controls, team integration, change integration, and corrective action as needed. Ensure the application of Project Management best practices and Company SDLC standards in managing the project as appropriate
* Program Management of large multi-team initiatives, collaborating with business leadership and managing program delivery across internal IT, third party vendors, and service providers
* Build and manage integrated program plans and execute them such that they can accommodate evolving ideas and discovery of new requirements (especially in support of agile-based programs).
* Cultivate business relationships to provide program leadership in a highly matrix environment
* Active engagement with leadership from business case development through program delivery and business outcomes
* Recruit, lead, and develop a team of entrepreneurial project managers to ensure the portfolio is executed with excellence
* Advise and consistently apply IT best practices (including Agile, SDLC, PMF) and contribute to continuous improvement in close partnership with PPM CoE, Agile CoE and Quality functions
* Contribute to the overall maturity and consistency of the PM organization by serving as an SME on program and project management, stakeholder engagement, scope definition, risk identification/mitigation, etc.
* Provide a point of escalation for all constituents of the portfolio
* Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements; contribute to the preparation of the portfolio budget
* Maintain adequate domain knowledge with the business strategies to ensure maximum value realization.
* Interact with other program leads to ensure consistent processes and high-quality reporting.
* A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information Technology and/or domain specific discipline
* Strong program and project management experience with proven track-record of several years managing large and/or complex IT/Business programs in life sciences, preferably in Regulatory, Discovery, Clinical, Quality or Manufacturing.
* Demonstrate ability to influence and manage stakeholder expectations at all levels of IT in a matrixed global environment
* Demonstrate ability to manage and/or oversee multiple, simultaneous projects and programs.
* Must have knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and of computer systems validation (CSV) a plus.
* Experience with managing projects across predictive and adaptive methodologies such as Agile (Scrum, AUP, etc.) and Waterfall.
* Experience with managing work across multiple vendors, resolving issues and negotiating conflicts to ensure execution excellence.
* Strong communicator via all media: collaboration technologies (SharePoint, Skype, etc.) and presentations written, emails, verbal - with a wide variety of audiences.
* Strong facilitation and meeting management skills
* Demonstrate ability to use structured problem solving and available tools to quickly evaluate problems, identify root causes, create action plans, assess impact and develop resolution options
* Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and collaborate with employees and management at all levels.
About Bristol-Myers Squibb
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing, and delivering medicines for patients with serious and life-threatening diseases.