Crisis Management Tools Program Manager
GRCC - Enterprise Business Continuity Management
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
The Governance, Risk, Compliance and Continuity (GRCC) team is looking for a data and tools integration expert who will be a key contributor to global Crisis Management Program operations. This vital role will contribute to the evolution of the data, analytics, and intelligence platforms that key members of the Crisis Management teams utilize on a worldwide, 24x7 basis. The Crisis Management Program supports Microsoft's ability to evaluate, respond, track and successfully resolve crisis events that impact company operations everywhere we operate.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required:
* 3+ years' experience in data storage and manipulation technologies such as SQL, Power BI, Teams and SharePoint
* 2+ years in designing, deploying and automating Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
* 3+ years working experience in Data Analytics, Scorecards and Dashboards
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
Preferred, not required:
* A good understanding of Microsoft business group structures and experience within the Microsoft corporate environment
* A solid background in Business Continuity within a complex, global environment
* Experience in working with Executives in a high-pressure environment
* Experience in user-friendly data visualizations using self-service capabilities
* Experience with DAX, Azure SQL, Kusto/Cosmos, Python a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As a tools expert on the team, your main responsibilities will be:
* Assess the current state of crisis management tooling across the enterprise and develop an integration strategy and technical roadmap
* Drive the technical integration of current tools and processes into the crisis management process and framework
* Develop and deploy crisis management solutions to meet business requirements
* Provide progress reports on key deliverables
* Manage and enhance current data and processes in line with integration strategy and technical roadmap
* Conduct training and awareness for end users
* Stay educated on industry trends and emerging concepts in technology and constantly look for opportunities to embrace those that value the service
* Carry out quick technology "spikes" (or proofs of concepts) to create value in new features and services
* Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders in order to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.