Core Services Engineering builds and manages critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Do you want to work on cutting edge cloud technologies and transform service delivery with DevOps? Do you want to be part of the team that builds systems and services that helps improve employee experience and productivity? Do you have the engineering skills, attention to details and quality, passion for building cloud systems and services that delights our customers? Do you want to be part of a diverse, fast paced and highly technical team that takes pride in delivering value to our business customers on time with quality in an agile cadence?
If your answer is "YES" to all of them, congratulations! You are a prospective candidate for the Engineering team in Corporate Function Engineering (CFE) Organization.
Our teams are seeking Principal Software Engineering Manager, to join us as we create and deliver mission critical business services and processes for Microsoft. You will have the opportunity to design and develop creative, compelling, and cutting-edge end to end services and processes that support our world-wide operations. You will design and develop software and services at scale, innovating on the latest technologies as the earliest adopters.
As a Principal SWE Manager in Finance space, you will be responsible for building and managing a strong engineering team, chartered to implement world class finance services. Services and applications built by this team are going to be used by Microsoft employees and external Suppliers/Partners communities worldwide. Core responsibilities would be to lead multiple teams to design, implement and deploy great technical solutions for empowering our users. Deploying and supporting features that enable our mission critical business partners. You will develop software and services at scale, innovating on the latest technologies (Cloud, Big Data, Mobile, Social, Security Software and services) while engineering for automated testing (in a TDD environment), Continuous Integration & Deployment as well as instrumenting telemetry that helps us monitor our service and helps diagnose and resolve issues quickly. You will work closely with peers across teams to help build flexible and high-performing components that enable next generation of business services.
* 10+ years software development and design working on high availability systems
* 5+ years of leadership and people management experience
* 5+ years of Agile experience
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
Knowledge, experience and skills:
* Experience in managing large software engineering teams including dev ops managers
* Ability to collaborate effectively with a wide spectrum of people in business and technical domains
* Experience in development and design at scale
* Operating in an Agile environment
* Translate problem solving techniques into code
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Math, Engineering or related field
Preferred, not required:
* 2+ years of experience leading direct, remote and virtual teams
* Experience in supportability "DevOps" environment
* Experience or familiarity with Microsoft Technologies
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Gain a deep and broad understanding of the business processes
* Attract talent and Build strong dev ops managers & engineering teams to lead, design, develop and test the most complicated technical components
* Coach and Mentor team members to build a cohesive engineering team.
* Drive the technical vision for your services and influence the big picture.
* Design and architect systems or services
* Build and define deployment automation processes and move towards continuous delivery
* Drive improvements in engineering at the broader organization level
* Adhere to and drive modern software engineering practices through design reviews
* System design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, leveraging data / telemetry to make decisions
* Develop "best-in-class" engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable
* Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with peers to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users
* Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and do POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs
* Drive a LiveSite culture within the organization to ensure services truly delight our customers/partners
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.