AT&T Mobility and Entertainment Group is changing the way the world experiences entertainment. We're delivering cutting edge products and services that redefine the future. Innovation is at the heart of what we do and we're revolutionizing the way our customers access content anytime, anywhere. With premier video services like DIRECTV, U-Verse and our streaming service, DIRECTV NOW, our industry leading team is at the forefront of making it all happen. Together, we're creating the best entertainment and communications experience in the world
In this role, you will be responsible for the following functions:
* Design, develop, deploy, debug and test data messaging and streaming deployments using Kafka and other emerging technologies.
* Create automation for deployments to integrate with CI/CD pipelines, containerization and build tools. Perform deployments in cloud platforms.
* Collaborate often with team members and other development teams to achieve project goals. Stay informed of continuously evolving technology versions, features, deployment methodologies, vendors and open source projects.
* Implement software or configuration changes that align with best practices and provide recommendations for best practices
* Diagnose, tune and resolve performance and high availability issues. Implement and maintain monitoring to ensure service availability
* Create online documentation for code, procedures, cross-training, solution overview, design and inventory of environments
* Develop and maintain Kafka SDK in Java and Scala
* Design/Develop new features to be merged with Platform and help development teams with Kafka issues and questions.
* 8+ years software engineering, application deployment and development experience.
* Kafka deployment experience using at least one of Apache Kafka, Confluent or Hortonworks distributions.
* Kafka administration experience including cluster configuration, topic creation and management, monitoring, kerberos security configuration, client configuration, streams knowledge.
* Java programming, Ansible or other automation framework experience.
* AWS cloud deployment experience or other cloud platform.
* Experience with Bitbucket, Jenkins, Nexus familiarity or similar versioning and build tools.
* Intermediate Linux shell knowledge and scripting.
* Containerization and kubernetes knowledge with some experience.
* Knowledge of scaled agile framework and agile scrum methodologies
Education: Preferred Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Science, Electrical Engineering, or Math; Developer nanodegree; or equivalent experience.
Job ID 1931371 Date posted 06/20/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.