AT&T Public Cloud Architecture Team is seeking strong candidates for Senior-System Engineer position to provide deep technical consultation and solution architecture expertise in support of ATT applications migrating to Public Cloud Service Providers (such as Azure, AWS, etc.).
The Public Cloud Architecture Team provides technical guidance and reusable patterns for connectivity design, refactoring/redesigning application workloads to be cloud native, and properly leveraging Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) & Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions offered by cloud providers.
The individual will be responsible for delivering secure, robust, reusable, repeatable patterns to enable application teams to efficiently migrate their workloads to third party public cloud. The patterns must demonstrate how to implement cloud native solutions at the lowest possible annual recurring cost. The individual will also be responsible for contributing to the creation of best practices and providing technical architecture support to application teams migrating to cloud native architectures.
* Develop and document architecture patterns and best practices to address data protection and security needs while taking advantage of cloud native technologies and PaaS capabilities
* Create and document reusable components necessary for efficient and scalable application migration to public cloud
* Create proof-of-concept solutions using native cloud provider technologies and demonstrate capabilities to application teams
* Provide technical consultation to application teams migrating to public cloud based on joint assessment of existing application technology and deployment model
* Work closely with AT&T Chief Security Office team to ensure that patterns and best practices meet the high security standards within AT&T
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, math, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline or equivalent experience
* 5-8 years of relevant work experience in software/systems engineering, DevOps engineer, system administrator or similar technical role
* Deep understanding of AWS or Azure cloud platforms with a minimum of two years of demonstrable applied experience
* Hands on experience with networking (i.e. VPC, DX, Private Link, Peering, etc.), IAM, IaaS, PaaS, Storage, Container technology, etc.
* Migration experience moving on premise applications to cloud environments (AWS or Microsoft Azure)
* Solid working knowledge of virtualization technologies and concepts
* Effective written and verbal communication skills and good listening skills
* Ability to work with both technical and business-oriented teams
* Experience with SAFe Agile, Agile Release Trains or strong aptitude to work in agile environment
* At least one Architect or DevOps Engineering certification from either AWS or Azure
* Solid understanding of various serverless technologies and container-based platforms including AWS Lambda/Fargate, Azure Functions, Kubernetes and Docker
* Familiar with benefits of CI/CD and Infrastructure as Code as well as tooling such as Packer, Terraform, ARM Templates, Cloud Formation Templates, etc.
* Working knowledge of Cloud (IaaS, PaaS) Storage options and trade-offs including Amazon S3, EBS, EFS, VM local, Glacier, etc. and Azure ADLS file, table and blob store as well as VM local and block storage options
* Private network connectivity implementation experience including Azure Express Route and AWS Direct Connect
* Expertise and proficiency in security implementation best practices using cloud native offerings to include Azure Application (ASGs) and Network Security Groups (NSGs), Managed Azure Security, Azure Key Vault, Amazon EC2 Security Groups, AWS Shield, AWS IAM, AWS Key Management Service and Amazon Macie.
Job ID 1861451-1 Date posted 07/02/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.