Senior Network Engineer with experience and in-depth knowledge of enterprise network technologies/components including network and data center design, WAN/LAN/VPN implementation strategies, including routers and high-end switches, circuits, load balancers, firewalls, wireless, and other enterprise LAN/WAN/VPN technologies. Responsible for working with large complex cross-functional teams and business processes. Senior network engineer with a deep and broad understanding of the VA mission and focus and VA network engineering and architecture requirements. Demonstrated capability on many government agencies projects in network administration and engineering support. The SE identifies uncertainties and provides resolutions; provides design diagrams related to proposed data circuits and services; validates VA Information Security requirements are adhered to and monitored.
Required Skills, Certification, Experience, and Education:
* This position owns the technology strategy sessions with the client and delivers executive presentations on IT strategies for multiple service technologies.
* The position represents the senior most level of client interface responsible for creating the most complex designs and solutions.
* These complex solutions involve major business processes used to manage the overall enterprise.
* Participates with the customer in the strategic design process and translates business needs into technical system solutions.
* Assists customers in the development of fully integrated systems including processors, peripherals, communications, operating systems, along with new and emerging application software.
* Technical emphasis is on hardware capabilities, software requirements, and systems integration.
* Provides expertise on the availability and viability of third party components and services.
* Ensures third party components comply with deliverables meet established design and performance goals.
* Ensures design proposals meet the customers needs. Identifies, analyzes, and evaluates alternative design solutions.
* Approves integrated systems design proposals for technical content. Establishes cost and time estimates for implementation.
* Creates recommendations and implements new methods, techniques, and/or procedures.
* This position is considered a subject matter expert.
Provides services that include, but are not limited to:
* Solid oral and written communication skills.
* Problem solver
* Performs all functional tasks independently.
* Oversees the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for all staff assigned to a specific job.
* Has more than 5 years related experience.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
* Ability to Travel as required
Be able to pass Contractor Suitability Background Investigation, must be a U.S. citizen
Desired Skills and Education:
Excellent communications skills (written and oral) along with a proven ability to capture and analyze requirements. Preferred Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with an advanced degree in engineering or business preferred.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Job ID 1932753 Date posted 07/02/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.