The Professional, Data Transformation maintains existing and develops new data curation logic and solutions to meet target Production SLAs for turn times and quality, monitors the data curation pipeline, and does troubleshooting of the data curation pipeline as required. The position supports a high volume, high risk, and, tight turnaround time driven process so the specific role of oversight is key to ongoing success. Risk to late or defective processing and reporting can include customer dissatisfaction, and/or incur penalty, interest and fees for CoreLogic.
Working under general supervision, provides production support by querying and manipulating varying and complex data and file formats to ensure data quality before data goes into next production step. Completes user requests utilizing existing programs. Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to modify internal business systems. Tracks, discovers, and researches industry trends and devises ways to capture these trends into CoreLogic and incorporate them into our products to ensure accurate and timely content. Applies adjustments to systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness. Develops a strong understanding of CoreLogic products to understand how data is to be used, needs to be analyzed and recognize changes in industry reporting. Develops a robust knowledge of multiple data sets and their interaction with each other. Sets objectives for own work and contributes to completion of team milestones. Provides guidance and assistance to more junior team members.
* Displays comprehensive ability to analyze, evaluate, and/or manipulate input and data content to ensure quality and compliance before going to the next production level. Uses database development tools (e.g. ETL Tools, Access, etc.), proprietary application, and data analysis techniques to prepare data for input into final product.
* Provides appropriate analysis, follow up, notification, and solutions to management related to abnormal job termination and resolution. Proactively identifies more effective ways to resolve issues.
* Special projects include but are not limited to custom reports/data development, process enhancement, product development, specialized product support for national and key accounts, providing training, or taking on a mentoring role.
* Independently evaluates and documents results using reports and tools to ensure data quality.
* May be responsible for entire projects or processes within discipline.
* Create and maintain departmental documentation covering a variety of applications and procedures relating to current and delinquent data processing, for CoreLogic applications and systems, along with workflows which support the process. Maintain or develop documentation to support training needs. Identify areas where documentation is incomplete or incorrect and update accordingly. Create, maintain and monitor dashboards associated with inventory health, and, follow up related to potential issues identified through the application.
* Identify process gaps within the workflow which need reviewed and corrected.
* Research, track, and report process defects. Ensure identified defects are documented and communicated to the proper parties. See that action items related are completed in a timely manner. This includes research and resolution of assigned data and system issues.
* Oversee data quality and load currency. Monitor for gaps in data loading, utilize workflow and systems of record to identify and predict potential data gaps, and, remedy those prior to loading of the data.
* Identify and implement process improvements that will support increased turnaround time and accuracy of data loading.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
* BS/BA or equivalent work experience preferred.
* Strong hands-on experience with Microsoft Access, Excel, SQL, ETL tools
* At least 5 years of related experience.
* Direct intermediate to advanced level experience with data - preferably county assessment data, file layouts, file formats
* Strong analytical skills and process thinking skills.
* Strong oral, written communication and presentation skills to interact regularly within team, within the larger heavily matrixed and geographically dispersed organization(s), and with internal and/or external customers to ensure understanding of key issues.
* Strong working knowledge of database processing techniques and concepts including flow charting, data manipulation, relational database principles, database queries and database programming.
* Demonstrates an extensive understanding of our database, data, processes and product lines.
* Thorough understanding of both in-house and third-party software to analyze and process the data.
CoreLogic offers an empowered work environment that encourages creativity, initiative and professional growth and provides a competitive salary and benefits package. CoreLogic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to attracting and retaining the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or status as a veteran of the Armed Forces, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. CoreLogic maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. We are fully committed to employing a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment that embraces everyone's unique contributions, experiences and values. Please apply on our website for consideration.
CoreLogic provides information intelligence to identify and manage growth opportunities, manage business performance and risk.