JP Morgan Chase
Production Software Engineering (Lower Environment Test Support)
Req #: 190059971
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Job Category: Technology
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
* Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
* Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages: Java, .NET, COBOL, Cloud, Mainframe, and Large Scale Database
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
* Systematic, fact based decision making and problem solving
* Relevant Incident management experience in an enterprise scale environment
* Extensive customer service and client interaction skills
* Possess critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
* Must display a history of achieving goals in a high performance environment
* Must be able to multitask in a fast paced environment utilizing multiple tools
* Experience with DB2
* Hand-on experience with cloud-based applications, technologies and tools, deployment, monitoring and operations, such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Kibana, etc.
* Full life cycle experience within an Agile framework
* Best practices in infrastructure and application logging, monitoring, intelligent alerting, and automated self-healing
* Experience with DevOps model and tools
* Experience with Site Reliability Engineering
Our Lower Environment Support Group has a full understanding of the hardware and software architecture of the applications within the end to end business flow and responsible for guiding/implementing operational technologies in next gen solutions while driving down current technical debt.
As a Lower Environment Support team member, you are responsible for the following:
* Own and drive incident management defects and chats with production management, application development, infrastructure teams, and senior leadership with the purpose to remediate customer impacting incidents quickly
* Establishing strong command and control of an Incident, establishing clear accountability and methodical evaluation of complex issue scenarios
* Competent and reliable adherence to critical process and procedure, and appropriate escalations in support of production incidents
* Applying technical and environmental knowledge and experience to develop and drive appropriate work streams, forming paths to resolution
* Distribution of clear and concise communications, summarizing incidents and the business/customer experience to a wide group of technical and non-technical audiences
* Provide detailed notes of highly visible Lower Environment issues on a timely basis to the production support staff and executive management
* Ensure incident data is accurately captured and documented in the incident recording tools
* Priming appropriate materials and follow ups to hand-off to the Root Cause Analysis phase in the Lower Environment Management process
As a member of our Lower Environment Support Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding and testing. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our team of technologists from all over the world.
Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) Lower Environment (Test) support management is accountable for maintaining the test environments for all of our Chase businesses including Chase.com, mobile banking, retail branches, lending and customer service. Our Vision is to deliver an "always available" customer experience, where change is executed seamlessly in an automated and simplified environment. We are made up of high-performing teams with business and technical expertise partnering across the organization to drive continuous improvement.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.