The Valuation Control Group (VCG) is a control function, independent of the "Front Office" (FO), whose responsibilities include independent price verification and the determination of any pricing or Fair Value Adjustments required to ensure that fair value estimates for the assets and liabilities that are recorded on the balance sheet at fair value are appropriate.
This technology role is for a talented Python Application Developer within VCG team based in Jersey City (NJ) or Dallas (TX) and partnering with teams globally. The Application Developer will be responsible for all aspects of systems development and testing, ensuring compatibility with enterprise and solutions architecture.
The role will require liaising with business (Corporate Controllers) and technology counterparts in all lines of Business across the globe during Requirements, Development, Testing, Implementation & Post-production phase of the project.
You will develop a good understanding of End to End business processes.
Key Requirements of the Role:
* Willingness to take ownership of tasks and the ability to work on their own initiative while being a strong team player.
* Understand the technical environment and look to continually promote increased knowledge in the team.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate accurately, concisely and with tact and diplomacy when appropriate
* Be conscientious, reliable and inquisitive with a keen desire to learn, not just gain the knowledge necessary for the job but also the underlying reasons and drivers.
* The ability to work under pressure within agreed timelines and to support multiple tasks in parallel.
* Demonstrable experience in the software industry very often in similar investment banking working on unified Risk Management environments.
* Front-office/risk management business knowledge as well as knowledge of financial instrument features and trade processing would be an advantage.
* Financial Engineering knowledge and familiarity with risk and regulatory systems and the data flows.
* Financial products knowledge such as OTC Derivatives, Securities, Repos, Securitization would be an advantage.
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You'll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
* Apply today, and put your passion for technology to work at JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Required Skills :
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.