Today, people spend more time playing video games than they do playing all physical sports, and eSports are poised to become bigger than the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL combined. Skillz provides the technology that powers an eSports industry forecast to exceed as much as $40 billion in revenue by 2020.
As the eSports provider for over 8,000 game developers, Skillz enables any mobile game to be turned into a competitive eSport that can also be broadcast on major streaming sites like Twitch and YouTube. We do this by integrating our unique layer of code directly into a mobile app, which activates our end-to-end tournament administration and other important features like player matching, anti-cheating mechanisms, customer support and a built-in loyalty program. Using our patented technology stack, we've already hosted more than 500 million tournaments for 15 million players around the world.
Skillz has raised over $53 million in funding from sources including Telstra, Liberty Global, and the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets and Sacramento Kings. In our quest to make gaming better for players and developers, we're looking for savvy, driven and enthusiastic teammates to help us build the future of sports. If you're excited about defining a multibillion dollar industry, building an awesome product, or working with cutting-edge technology, Skillz just might be for you!
We are true believers in electronic sports, so don't be surprised if you see us playing mobile games at our desks or in the kitchen. At Skillz, this type of behavior is encouraged! You can also catch us at our weekly game nights playing anything from Super Mario Kart to Codenames over dinner, while discussing new technologies or brainstorming ideas to improve our business.
Not a "gamer"? Don't worry about it. Every Skillzian brings a unique perspective to the team, and we bond over plenty of activities that don't involve games. We're working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission. As the creators and leaders of a new marketplace, we work with a "do whatever it takes" mentality, and frankly, we get the job done!
Our team is comprised of passionate, intelligent and creative individuals who consistently seek out new challenges and knowledge. We embrace out-of-the-box strategies to propel our business forward, and foster a culture where every person's voice is heard. Our team comes from diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of funding and building successful enterprises. If you're up for the challenge, we'd love to meet you.
Who we're looking for:
Our product development team sets the vision for the Skillz developer experience. Skillz is a mobile social gaming platform where players compete for real world prizes. Skillz has enabled hundreds of games to add competitive dynamics for real world prizes to create entirely new play experiences, opportunities for monetization and a way to make e-sports more inclusive for everyone. The Developer Console enables thousands of developers to integrate the Skillz platform into their games and help the developers build vibrant businesses. The Associate Product Manager for the Developer Console will own key features that will help define the experience of the hundreds of developers on the Skillz platform.
What you'll do:
* Collaborate with our business teams to help build features for our developer portal
* Create wireframes, write specifications and present recommendations for new features in our ever evolving platform
* Perform analysis to optimize feature performance and propose product rollout plans to deliver improvements to our web products
* Oversee the research, data gathering and studies required to produce thoughtful product evolutions
* Maintain processes to ensure documentation, reports and plans are accurate and complete
* Work alongside teammates who care about building great products as much as you do
* 2-3 years of experience in product management, product development, game design, management consulting, quantitative analysis or similar field
* 1+ years of experience performing quantitative analysis, preferably for a web, mobile or other technology company
* Degree in math, statistics, engineering, computer science, economics or other quantitative field
* Ability to approach complex problems and transform them into simple and elegant solutions
* Understanding of data analysis and using testing methods to inform decisions
* Strong communication skills and comfortable liaising between technical and non-technical partners
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to respond to feedback and implement ideas in a changing environment.
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Skillz is a cash tournament platform for mobile games of skill, allowing players to win rights, cash and other prizes.