Job CategoryProducts and Technology
Role: The Product Manager (PM), is the "CEO" of the products they support and is focused on long and short term product vision of a product line. The PM also represents users and stakeholders' interests and represents the product to the outside world.
The Platform Engineering team is looking for an experienced PM who is knowledgeable and enthusiastic about leading the scrum team in design, execution and strategy for effective, scalable, end-to-end business solutions. The Platform Engineering organization is responsible for deploying new capabilities within infrastructure and enterprise applications to Salesforce employees. You will have a user group of 40,000+ Salesforce employees and business partners relying on your products to enable their work.
The Product Manager of Public Cloud will have ownership of a large strategic project which involves migration of a large portfolio of apps to public cloud on AWS platform. This includes prioritization and triage of new requests and work items to one of 5 small scrum teams and communication with a wide variety of stakeholders and resources.
* Responsible for long and short term Public Cloud product vision based on user needs and Platform Engineering strategic vision, business case, and delivery analysis.
* Act as the central point for aggregation and coordination of strategy and priorities for architects, engineering leaders, and product managers relating to the Public Cloud transformation.
* Effectively negotiates work scope with business partners and scrum teams to align on objectives around time to production, effort and scope, and provides realistic options and recommendations based on capacity and budget.
* Work closely with the architects and engineering team on solution design and execution according to business needs.
* Establish and foster relationships with key business stakeholders to gather priorities, communicate roadmap vision, and progress on key initiatives.
* Owns the delivery of a product roadmap incorporating projects, features and other key initiatives.
* Serve as Product Owner on the scrum team(s) to organize and prioritize work backlog and convey business value to scrum team.
* Translate product strategy into detailed requirements, writes user stories with story-level acceptance criteria.
* Manage to the definition of done from feature acceptance criteria and meeting of business value requirements.
Other Key Responsibilities:
* Partners with Scrum Master(s) to review delivery capacity needs based on roadmap, and works with management to address them.
* Manages dependencies, anticipates blockers, conflicts and obstacles, and marshalls appropriate resources to align and solve.
* Guides business partners through the work intake process, highlighting milestones and artifacts, and understands the value behind them.
* Participates in cross-functional initiatives as a delivery component, representing his/her team's work with a small number of dependencies.
* Manages and communicates tradeoff decisions between scope and schedule to a broad set of stakeholders on technical and business teams.
* Review technical solutions for compliance to business process, budget, and objectives.
As the Product Manager in the Platform Engineering team, you will work primarily with our engineers and architects to deliver technology solutions, requests, or projects of various scope and complexity.
You respond to problems, prioritize correctly, systematically gather information, sort through issues, seek input from others, develop accurate conclusions from findings, and make timely decisions to prioritize and adapt to change. As a PM you work on cross-functional dependencies that support execution of your product roadmap. You communicate effectively to ask and answer questions and share your knowledge with the larger team.
* Work proactively on customer issues and resolves them in a timely manner.
* Communicate at both the business and technical level (written and verbal).
* Able to represent the Voice of the Customer (the entire company) through feedback, data analysis, and stakeholder engagement.
* Work very comfortably with stakeholders at the department or division level.
* Juggle multiple issues, set expectations and prioritize accordingly.
* Research and respond to customer questions.
* Navigate complex situations involving multiple parties.
* 6 years experience in a Product Management Role
* Preferably have a technical undergrad like Computer Science or something similarly technical: Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics
* Experienced with agile delivery methodology and scrum.
* Experienced with high-profile product and project deliveries in a rapid growth environment.
* MBA in a relevant field.
Preferred familiarity with a number of the following:
* Amazon Web Services
* Experience in completing on-prem to cloud migrations
* Experience in an infrastructure organization
* Salesforce Core product and features
* Force.com features and capabilities
* Agile development methodology
* Cloud Infrastructure and General IT concepts
* Familiarity in a cloud app or SaaS product environment
* General Software Business Processes (Sales, Renewals, Service, Support)
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce is a cloud computing company that develops CRM solutions and provides business software on a subscription basis.