At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
We are looking for a highly motivated, well organized project manager and compliance professional to join our Privacy Legal team as a Privacy Specialist. In this role you will review Uber products, services, and offerings for privacy issues, help develop, execute, improve and scale Uber's comprehensive privacy program strategy, conduct risk assessments, lead core documentation and compliance efforts, and help to review, enhance, and manage the day to day operation of Uber's privacy program and compliance with global privacy frameworks. Do you want to bring your expertise to Uber? Read on…
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Review and mitigate privacy risks in connection with Uber's products, services and offerings.
* Help develop and manage internal controls relating to privacy legal frameworks.
* Collaborate with privacy and security professionals on projects related to ongoing compliance with data protection and privacy laws, and related requirements.
* Establish and manage tools, guidelines and playbooks for documenting and tracking compliance with Uber's global legal obligations, including privacy impact assessments and intake management, initial privacy reviews, and assistance with resulting privacy and data security controls.
* Coordinate internal and external audits of our privacy systems and procedures.
* Provide ongoing management, content development and oversight of the privacy training program.
* Communicate project roadmaps, priorities and key status updates to project stakeholders and business teams.
* Be flexible when handling directional changes and concurrently manage multiple large-scale programs.
What You'll Need
* B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent project or program management experience.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in auditing, consulting, legal, or program management environments, with at least 2 such years in privacy.
* Comfortable expressing a point of view and influencing change.
* Confident working in a dynamic environment, partnering with teams to move through the unknown.
* Privacy experience and/or Privacy certification (e.g. CIPP or CIPM or similar).
* J.D. is not a requirement.
* Enthusiastic about Uber!
About the Team
Uber Privacy Legal is a global team of legal professionals who provide practical data privacy solutions taking into account both business risks and opportunities.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.