At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
Manage an Infrastructure Technical Program Manager Team at Uber: The Team is currently comprised of 8 talented TPMs and is expected to grow significantly over time. Programs here are broad, complex, and highly technical, encompassing:
Core Infrastructure: PaaS - Platform-as-a-Service - for Compute, Storage, Software Networking, etc. Data Center Capacity, Migration, and Cloud Deployments.
These two broad areas form the technical Foundation of all Uber Engineering - from physical DC and cloud primitives, to core Infrastructure-as-a-Service exposed to upper-layer teams.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Work with senior engineering leaders to align priorities, plan and track OKRs, and ensure success of critical projects which often extend across infra teams and beyond to all of Uber Engineering.
* Work closely with Product Management to align priorities and OKRs.
* Manage a group of senior TPMs: Support and develop the team, and help build the team vision which is cohesive with the broader engineering teams.
* Have the proven ability to get deep into program and business details to unblock the projects when needed.
What You'll Need
* Strong and broad technical experience: Infrastructure is a plus, but not required.
* Stakeholder management experience, including alignment of large organizational initiatives at VP levels.
* Strong direct people management experience, including the development of a high-performance (Technical) Program Management team.
Bonus Points If
* DC and Cloud experience at scale
* Core infrastructure experience at scale
About the Team
The TPM team at Uber works in the broad context of Uber engineering, manage complexity at scale across a large set of technical projects and initiatives. We play a critical role executing high-impact company-wide initiatives and continuously improving processes to increase the effectiveness of our Product and Engineering organizations.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Generalized job description for TPM's on your team: https://www.uber.com/en-FI/careers/list/33974/
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.