Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world's biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer's business critical applications.
Oracle is building the next generation services on its cloud infrastructure that encompasses many areas of data movement from one system to another. The team is building and operating a database migration service which will move data from heterogenouse sources to Oracle database in the cloud. This service will be a part of many suites of the broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. We are committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world's biggest challenges.
With the growing needs of managing data in the cloud, this service will be critical to many customers who wants to access their data in the cloud environment.
* Design, configure and implement migration service that can scale to move gigabytes of data between heterogeneous on-premise and cloud stores.
* Research, prototype, and implement various data replication techniques in order to efficiently move data from various sources to Oracle database in the cloud. The data movement includes the initial load from source to target and also continuous real-time data replication from source to target
* Profile various replication strategies and seek to improve them for better performance
* Work with operations to build and configure maintainable, resource-efficient systems
* Contribute ideas for continually improving the team's productivity and code quality
Desired Skills and Experience
* 7 years of experience in software development
* Strong programming skills in Java
* Experience working with distributed systems
* Take initiative and be responsible for delivering complex software
* Excellent problem solver, analytical thinker and quick learner
* Experience designing and implementing REST APIs, microservices and container (docker) based systems
* BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
Knowledge of replication technologies (e.g., Oracle GoldenGate) is preferred.
Knowledge of efficient apply to data warehouse targets is preferred.
Knowledge of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and networking in the cloud is a plus.
Oracle is a computer technology corporation developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products.