Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle Service Cloud, the leader in Customer Service Solutions For Enterprise Organizations, provides excellent customer service software used by highly recognized and respected names like Nikon, Orbitz, Tivo, and Sony as they interact with millions of customers every day. The Oracle Service Cloud organization has a mission to rid the world of bad experiences, by helping businesses improve their customer service. We offer an opportunity to work on our Platform team, which provides a world-class server that powers a leading Cloud service. Our focus is on an enterprise class, performant, scalable and reliable service backend that manages billions of transactions a month and terabytes of data. We provide a customer-extensible object model complete with API access, custom business logic capabilities and integration points. We offer an opportunity to work with an agile team of creative individuals who are building cutting-edge cloud technologies, delivering support experiences through a variety of devices and interfaces. We are looking for expert developers who can write clean, well-designed, readable, and elegant code. We are looking for creative problem solvers and innovative thinkers. We offer a great opportunity to work on a successful and growing team where you will be likely to see and use the software you build in your daily life as you interact with brands around the world.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Innovate, design and implement new features
* Write automated unit/acceptance tests and champion TDD/ATDD best practices
* Modify, test, debug, and maintain legacy code
* Lead/participate in design and code reviews
* Collaborate with other team members
* Coach and mentor other members of the development team
* Understand and improve underlying architecture
* Work closely with other Scrum teams when implementing features spanning multiple teams
* Introduce new tools and processes to help team improve product quality, product performance and team productivity
* Become a product expert and leverage that expertise to support internal and external users
Essential Skills, Knowledge, Abilities, and Background:
* 6 years of professional software development experience
* BS/MS in a technical engineering discipline or equivalent experience related to functional area
* Expert knowledge in C/C
* Extensive experience using SQL and building complex database designs
* Experience working on large software product with metadata-driven elements
* Development skills with UNIX software (shell, make, gdb, etc.)
* Experience with Test Driven Development, using mocking and Dependency Injection
* Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical
* Demonstrated ability to complete a project through a development process, including: requirements gathering, detailed
design and project planning
* Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, changing environment
* Ability to provide technical leadership to the team
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, Abilities and Background
* Web Services paradigms like REST/SOAP
* SQL performance tuning
* Experience using memory debugging tools
* Working knowledge of PHP or other basic scripting languages
* Experience with Cloud Computing, SaaS, Acceptance Testing tools, Continuous Delivery, CRM applications, Agile
* Have legal U.S. work status or be a U.S. citizen
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.