How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at an amazing facility in Dulles, VA?
Then join our Raytheon team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Our facility in Dulles, VA offers amenities that create work and life balance. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Raytheon!
We are a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon. Click here to view: https://youtu.be/qvbCgKpkEds
Clearance Requirements: None / not required
Location: Raytheon IIS, Dulles, VA
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is currently seeking a Principal Systems Engineer in support of an international Cyber program. This position involves working in a team environment with responsibilities in all phases of Systems development including concept development, requirements, functional analysis, design reviews, implementation, test, verification and validation.
* Responsible for developing and maintaining the System architecture baseline.
Tasks and activities include:
* Establish and maintain the System architecture;
* Establish and maintain the Architecture Baseline Package Repository;
* Define the System's functions; allocate those functions and system requirements to architectural elements;
* Establish and oversee the development of the System architecture construct (mission, functional, data, and physical), including the architecture model, artifacts and associated work products;
* Assess and assure compliance with key architectural constraints and quality attributes
* Oversee and conduct architectural tradeoffs considering requirements, performance, cost and schedule
* Identify and manage architectural risks and opportunities;
* Support Program development IPTs with capability development, integration, test and deployment; assuring consistency and conformance with the established architecture baseline;
* Contribute to System capability design artifacts and reviews, including CONOPS, High-Level and Low-Level Design documents, Scenarios, Use Cases, SOPs, Work Instructions, etc.
SOC Foundations IPT Lead
* Leads a multi-disciplined team to develop and deliver the System Security Operations Centers (SOCs) and Quality/Integration and Test Lab (QI&TL);
* Responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical baseline and activities of SOC/QI&TL development, integration, test and deployment;
Tasks and activities include:
* Identify and manage risk and opportunities related to SOC/QI&TL development;
* Monitor, maintain, and execute to Program Plans;
* Conduct IPT incremental development planning based on a tailored agile/DevOps development methodology; support program-level planning and execution;
* Establish and maintain the high-level and low-level design and interface baseline of the SOCs and QI&TL:
* Oversee and conduct design and implementation tradeoffs considering requirements, performance, costs and schedule
* Oversee and assure compliance of the technical solution (design and developed capabilities) with the system architecture, requirements, interfaces, etc.
* Oversee and execute the development, integration, test, and deployment of the SOCs and QI&TL;
* Coordinate and collaborate with Program Leadership, discipline leads and other IPT Leads on programmatic, technical and logistical aspects of the program.
* 8+ years demonstrated engineering experience with proven track record.
* System Integration/Test engineering experience on a software development contract
* Experience preparing and executing Integration/Test procedures
* Experience with Agile development and the Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Test Rail, Confluence)
* Experience utilizing discrepancy report systems
* Enthusiastic & energetic performer able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, & high visibility environment
* Self-motivated and capable of performing tasks with minimal oversight
* Experience with systems engineering principles and activities
* Willingness to travel to the Middle East/North Africa (MENA) region ( est. 30% )
* Current / Active US Passport
* Experience in leading and managing System Engineering teams
* Experience in managing system level requirements
* Leadership-Role with Cyber domain knowledge
* Experience in leading test development & execution
* Leadership experience supporting international customer and contracts
* Proposal leadership experience
* Effective written and verbal communication, customer focus, collaboration, and multitasking skills
* B.S. in Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math, or similar STEM degree.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
None / Not Required
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.