The Protected Communication Systems Department is involved all aspects of Systems Engineering across the program lifecycle of Protected Communication Systems programs within the Integrated Communications System (ICS) Mission Area. The systems engineering includes architecture development, CONOPS development, trade studies, modeling and simulation, systems/software/hardware requirements analysis, as well as integration, validation and verification. The Department supports a variety of communications systems including SATCOM (including AEHF, EHF, X-Band, Ka-Band, Ku-Band, C-Band, PTW), line of sight, and networking for ground based, ship, submarine, and airborne platforms.
We are currently seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to join our dynamic, diverse, and rapidly growing team. The Systems Engineer is responsible for CONOPS development, architecture, conducting trade studies, modeling and simulation, and generating / analyzing requirements.
* Minimum 8 years of experience in Systems, Software or Hardware engineering.
* Must have direct experience with requirements development, analysis, verification and validation
* Must be able to work within a structured process environment including a task oriented, value based management system
* Technical experience with SATCOM, LOS/BLOS, and networking for ground based, ship, submarine, and airborne platforms
* Must have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation) and be able to communicate effectively.
* Experienced presenter with prior responsibility for dealing with customers, management, technical staff, and internal / external organizations.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Active Secret or Secret clearance
* Working knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Microsoft Project, engineering tools (e.g., DOORS) and peer review products
A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related field; advanced degree(s) in similar majors is highly desired
A Master's degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related field; advanced degree(s) in similar majors is highly desired
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
130619 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.