How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes * Career & Development Opportunities * Full-time * Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
ENTERPRISE SOFTWARE SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Raytheon Cybersecurity & Special Missions (CSM) provides cybersecurity and advanced intelligence solutions that strengthen our global customers' critical infrastructures, information systems and mission.
Raytheon supports a mission critical full life-cycle Enterprise Information Technology (IT) Services contract, which includes strategic initiatives, establishing policies, providing governance, defining IT solutions, and delivering IT capabilities through innovation, transformation, and collaboration. Raytheon is looking for cleared, industry leading IT professionals to deliver innovative, mission critical IT capabilities and services in support national defense.
The Enterprise SW Systems Engineer serves to maintain a strong awareness of technical trends in information technology, develop and maintain a strong awareness of ongoing IT projects, and business unit requirements; be able to apply the project management model (e.g., Spiral, Waterfall, Agile) selected for a given development effort; and provide analysis, design, development, deployment, and lifecycle support for innovative hardware systems and applications. Work involves being able to develop end-to-end cost analysis for projects; ensure systems being developed comply with the enterprise technical architecture; help project and program teams prepare for CIO Project Management Program control gates; and keep senior management apprised of project or program status. Assignments may include leading teams consisting of contractor personnel.
JOB DUTIES /TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develops block diagrams and logic flow charts. * Translate detailed design into computer software. * Tests, debugs, and refines the computer software * Prepare required documentation * Enhance software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency. * Provide technical direction to programmers. * Apply business process improvement practices * Activity and data modeling, transaction flow analysis, internal control and risk analysis and modern business methods and performance measurement techniques. * Assist in establishing standards for information systems procedures. * Develop and apply organization-wide information models for use in designing and building integrated, shared software and database management systems. * Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, cost estimation, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies * Provide staff and users with assistance solving computer related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems. * Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems. * Use object-oriented programming languages, as well as client/server applications development processes and multimedia and Internet technology. * Coordinate and link the computer systems * Expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve workflow. * Analyze and study complex system requirements. * Design software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manages their implementation. * Manage software development and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques and Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools. * Estimate software development costs and schedule. * Develop analytical and computational techniques and methodology for problem solutions. * Perform strategic systems planning, business information planning, business and analysis. * Provide technical guidance in software engineering techniques and automated support tools. * Analyze functional business applications and design specifications for functional activities.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
* Systems Engineering experience (specific computer languages, systems or technologies, expertise with the subject matter or technology outweighs the number of years of experience, especially with emerging technologies.), commensurate with education, as outlined below.
* Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline * Masters plus 3 years' experience; Bachelors plus 5 years' experience; Associate plus 7 years' experience; High School/GED plus 9 years' experience.
Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information.
* U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI with favorable polygraph Security Clearance is required. *
Position is contingent upon contract award and may be filled by Team Raytheon members
This position requires a US person.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with Poly
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
DC - Washington
VA - McLean
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.