This position supports Raytheon's DOMino contract, a single-award IDIQ worth over $1 billion. This contract delivers full lifecycle development and sustainment for the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) National Cybersecurity Protection System (NCPS). The NCPS assists more than 100 federal civilian government agencies with the protection of their networks against advanced cyber threats. Under this contract, Raytheon will support the government in the design, development, operations, and maintenance services for the NCPS. Raytheon will build the mission critical cybersecurity solutions that will enable the timely dissemination of threat warnings and improve information sharing across DHS's stakeholder community.
An experienced DevOps Software Developer is needed to support task/process automation and the development of software enhancements for an existing classified system. Gathers requirements and coordinates with other developers to figure out the best possible implementation. Works to maintain and improve current, internal APIs. Develops efficient and production ready software in a timely manner. Able to multitask when it comes to working on projects as it may be required that the Developer rotate projects from time to time.
* Solid foundation in Object Oriented Programming (Java, C#/.NET, etc) and comprehensive unit testing experience
* Experience and/or familiarity with one of more: Version Control (Git/SVN), Dependency Management (Ivy/Ant/Maven), Unit Testing/Documentation (JUnit, JavaDoc, LaTex), Static Code Analysis
* Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following database technologies: Relational (MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL), JBDC/ORM
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Must exhibit time management skills and self-motivation
Must have an active Secret Clearance and be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility. Must be able to obtain DHS program suitability prior to starting employment.
* Experience/Proficiency in C#/.Net, JavaFX, Spring
* Experience and/or familiarity with Agile development methodology
* Experience and/or familiarity with CI/CD (Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson), Issue Tracking/Project Management Tools (JIRA, Redmine), Containerization (Docker)
* Experience with task/process automation
* Experience with SharePoint development (Preferred but not required)
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or related degree is desired and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience. Work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
131131 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Arlington
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.