Do you want to play a significant role in the design of a mission critical set of features for Commerce Ecosystem at Microsoft? Do you like to explore new frameworks/stacks and provide guidance for usage and best practices cross Teams?
Are you looking for an opportunity to lead a team of engineers in positively affecting the experience of every consumer who uses Microsoft products? The Foundational Experiences team in Experience & Devices (E&D) division, focused on the delivery of innovative services that light up Microsoft Account experiences across all devices and platforms. We are passionate about working together to deliver world-class services to our users and partners. In our key customer portal, <<https://account.microsoft.com>> (AMC), we enable customers to manage the full breadth of their engagement with the company.
The team is searching for a technical leader who has a deep knowledge of services frameworks, reliability, scalability and data. This leader will have the opportunity to nurture and growth a collaborative and inclusive Team with different backgrounds.
Skills & Qualifications:
* Experience with managed-code development including C# and/or Java
* Experience in RESTful web services technologies (for example JSON, WebAPI, ASP.Net and OData)
* Experience in NoSQL data storage systems and patterns (for example Azure Tables, CosmosDB, Cassandra)
* Experience in Microsoft Azure cloud technologies preferred
* Good partnership, communication, and coordination skills
* Understanding of the latest data storage, analysis and visualization systems (Azure Tables, CosmosDB, Cosmos, Kusto, PowerBI)
* 5 or more years of cloud service experience
* 7 or more years of general design and coding experience
* Experience with building, extending, and servicing extremely large scale, high-reliability RESTful web services
* Experience with OOP, TDD, and agile development models
* Experience with people management and team leadership
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* You will be leading a team writing code that powers different backend services that power some of AMC experiences which is visited by millions of customers globally a day.
* You'll be a technical leader focused on growing the skills of a highly talented, collaborative and motivated team, while setting the technical direction to deliver high-scale, highly available micro services that leverage the latest technology.
We are looking for a leader with a passion for mentorship and team building, customer focus and engineering fundamentals, coupled with technical leadership experience in driving high-scale services and the power of data to taken actions/decisions.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.