Do you want to do groundbreaking work in deep learning and computer vision? Visual search has become a new and popular scenario due to the explosive growth of web and camera photos. Given an image, a visual search system returns all the knowledge related to this image, including visually similar images, fine-grained recognition, image tagging etc. Bing Image Understanding Team is creating state-of-the-art technologies in computer vision, information retrieval, natural language processing, and more. We are a growing team of talented engineers and scientists putting visual search technology across Bing.com, Bing app and Azure cloud service. Come join us in creating the future!
* Masters/PhD in CS or related areas with focus in one or more of: Computer vision, NLP, AI and Machine Learning(ML)
* Deep learning expertise in an academic or commercial setting.
* Software development skills and aptitude for software design, coding and quality. You must be familiar with data structures and able to script for ML tasks proficiently.
* Proficient in at least one of the public deep learning toolkits such as PyTorch, Caffe, TensorFlow or CNTK
* Ability to scale ML solutions on large datasets and serve millions of users. Experience in large scale and distributed computing is a plus, e.g. Hadoop/Spark/Hive, Cosmos/Scope.
* Knowledge of web development and quick prototyping skills is a plus.
* Knowledge of Azure offerings like Databricks, Azure ML is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Bing is a start-up-like environment, and we are looking for someone who has experience training deep models, is self-driven and comfortable in a fast-paced and collaborative atmosphere. Interest in areas like fine-grained recognition, active learning, neural architecture search, data processing and visualization is a plus.
You will get to push the state-of-the-art in machine learning and visual recognition. You will be expected to drive projects end to end, including metric definition, data collection, model training, model deployment, and launch to production. You will find a great mix of R&D opportunities as well as engineering opportunities around big data. You will have hands-on experience with large-scale real data sets provided by one of the world's largest search engine. You will work as part of a team that brings together talent in the areas of computer vision, information retrieval, natural language processing, and software engineering.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.