Bing Image and video search (a.k.a. Bing Multimedia Search) are critical parts of bing search stack as it drives significant percentage of query volume as well as verity of search experience. As a key contributor to that experience Bing Multimedia relevance team is responsible for core ranking and relevance for image and video search. While doing so we work with finding the right set of documents across billions of documents applying state of the art machine learning and deep learning techniques.
We are looking for a seasoned technical leader for our multimedia relevance team who has deep technical expertise in machine learning, deep learning, and natural language processing with an ability to drive direction for the team. As a technical lead you would have an opportunity to drive direction for the image or video relevance team which have consistently been called the crown jewels for Bing and one of the key reasons for users to choose Bing. In this role your core responsibility would include leading a team of engineers and data scientist working to state of the art machine learning and deep learning problems to drive search relevance. You would have an opportunity to impact high value search segments like difficult queries, entertainment (movie\tv\music), DIY, sports, shopping, food and recipes, arts and craft, etc. We have an ambitious path ahead of us to further accelerate our growth. In this role you would be working with state-of-the-art machine learning, deep learning and computer vision techniques with access to large scale data.
* Ph.D and\or Masters. in Computer Vision, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or other related technical fields.
* Strong Coding, Math, Analytical & Problem Solving skills.
* Prior experience of leading a team with 5+ Scientist & Engineers
* Having published work in this area would be a strong plus
* Experience in natural language processing, machine leaning, deep learning or data mining area
* Experience on running high reliable service
* Experience with test driven software design/development
* Enjoy learning and ramping up on new technologies quickly.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
You will work with a strong and fun team of applied scientists and developers who are responsible for driving and ranking and relevance for Bing Multimedia search. World-class researchers stay engaged in our problems, keeping you in the forefront of advancing technologies. Your responsibilities will include:
* Leading a team to drive ranking and relevance within Multimedia search
* Driving metrics and measurements and set vision for the team
* Set the vision and act as an expert on large scale system architecture and development for the team.
* Drive effort to utilize state of the art Machine learning and deep learning techniques in both NLP and Computer vision space
* Work closely with other peer teams in bing for helping drive effort
* Pursue high impact work to quickly deliver on critical areas that our users value.
* Help to build and grow talent in these areas.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.