Are you passionate about creating the next generation data platforms and analytic tools that will unlock insights in data? Are you excited by the opportunity to share your innovation with researchers around the world and deeply impact the future trajectory of Microsoft's growing business in data platforms and analytics in the cloud? Will you enjoy incubating novel ideas? Would you love to learn from, work with, and influence developers and architects of our data products and services?
If so, this could be the right job for you. Join us and help shape the future of data platforms and analytics! We are looking for researchers who are passionate about any aspect of distributed and cloud data systems, including data cleaning and transformation, storage, querying, streaming technology, and new paradigms for data analytics.
* Background in relational databases, big data systems, and data analytic techniques
* PhD in Computer Science, or similar fields
* Expertise in database storage engines, query processing and query optimization, distributed systems, data cleaning, or data analytics
* Knowledge of statistics and machine learning.
* Proficiency in data structures and algorithms
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Conduct research on problems in data management.
* Publish papers at top academic conferences.
* Leverage opportunities to impact the data platform industry, including Microsoft's products and services.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.