WHO ARE WE?
We are Project EmpowerMD, an incubation team at Microsoft Healthcare. We're reimagining the clinical experience and are building technologies to empower the provider (the Quadruple aim in healthcare). This is AI for the greater good!
Our first effort is to build an Intelligent Scribe for clinicians at point of care. Our team is developing and leveraging best-in-class Speech-to-Text, NLP and other ML technologies. We are a fast-moving multi-disciplinary team that is deeply engaged in the healthcare space with ample opportunity to learn directly from clinicians and deliver broad impact.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
* 2+ years of startup / incubation / v1 environments
* 5+ years experience using modern web frameworks such as ReactJS and Angular
* Experience developing cloud solutions: PaaS, SaaS, IaaS, and/or Serverless
* Experience using Speech to Text technologies including Microsoft Custom Speech Services
* Experience using NLP technologies including spaCy and BERT
* Experience in Health technology
* Experience developing cross-platform mobile applications
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong background in statistics, machine learning, and NLP
Experience working with geographically distributed teams and across organizational boundaries
* Willingness to be a "learn-it-all" and jump into any problem space
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Build robust & scalable infrastructure, as well as end-to-end prototypes of user interfaces and services
* Technical leadership in a team of Engineers, Data Scientists, UX Designers, and Clinicians to help drive clarity & execution in a fast-changing incubation environment
* Great communication skills to clearly articulate complex issues & technologies
* Bring curiosity, a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and passion to deliver on the promise of technology in a difficult, competitive, and exciting vertical
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.