Are you interested in working for a team that is advancing Microsoft's Cloud first by strategy through the delivery of reliable, hyper-scale infrastructure? Do you want to build a multi-billion-dollar Cloud Computing business, in a start-up like environment, that continually looks for ways to disrupt the status quo? Then look no further than the Azure Cloud Expansion team! Our objective is to deliver reliable Cloud infrastructure that unlocks new business opportunities and drives Azure adoption and Azure consumption, making it easy for our customers to achieve their digital transformation.
* 5+ years of Software Development experience
* Strength with Object Oriented programming languages (C#, C++, Java, or similar)
* Strong design and coding skills with the ability to pick up new languages, tools and design patterns as needed
* Ability to work effectively both autonomously and in teams
* Experience in cloud platforms is a big plus
* Experience with Node.js, react, or similar frontend development languages and tools
* Experience with modern development practices and toolsets - CI/CD using GIT + Azure Devops or similar
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The Software Engineer will work on accelerating delivery of datacenters and local leveraging modern development practices and tools. The successful candidate will:
* Build deep domain expertise on global infrastructure deployment technology and processes
* Participate in architecture and design discussions for V1 cloud services in collaboration with teammates.
* Design and implement services with a strong focus on high availability and scalability, robustness, and observability.
* Build software prototypes and conduct experiments to evaluate alternative architectures.
* Be experienced in implementing large strategic and complex or ambiguous projects that span organizations, with executive visibility and many critical dependencies.
* Have immense intellectual curiosity, and comfortable working within highly complex and ambiguous situations
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.