In Microsoft Research NExT (New Experiences and Technologies), our goal is to accelerate innovation by bringing new AI and cloud- based services to life. One of our major strategic focuses is healthcare, applying innovation to enable better outcomes at lower costs. Our team drives the cross-company strategy for healthcare and life sciences, and applies Microsoft's deep technical assets on improving healthcare and health equity around the world. We focus on impacting technology and the industry in the 3-10 year horizon, and act as a bridge between Microsoft Research and product teams, and have landed numerous technical innovations into shipping products.
* · M.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field, or B.S. and 2 years of related work experience
* · 2+ years' experience in machine learning applications
* · Experience working with at least one of the following ML frameworks: PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, or CNTK
* · Demonstrated proficiency in one of the following: Python, C/C++, Java, Scala, or C#
* · PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field, or equivalent experience
* · Demonstrable experience with NLP applications
* · Fluency with deep learning
* · Experience with one or more of the following computing platforms: Spark, HDInsight, DataBricks, Hadoop, MapReduce, etc.
* · Publications in major ML/NLP conferences, and/or participation in Kaggle or similar competitions
* · Demonstrated end-to-end project leadership
* · Strong verbal, visual, and written communication skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
In your role as Data Scientist II, you will work on real-world problems with customers to create new meaning out of patient data. For example, one of your major projects will be to collaborate with a small cross-functional team of researchers and engineers to use NLP to derive new meaning out of the cancer journey. An entrepreneurial, start-up approach and willingness to take end-to-end ownership are key! You'll gain experience developing and implementing state of the art machine reading algorithms while making a difference in this critical space.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.