Interested in being on the cutting edge of Cloud Services? Love services support in the Cloud? Customer obsessed? Data Driven? Collaborator? Communicator? Troubleshooter? Debugger?
Then come join Microsoft as an Embedded Escalation Engineer supporting Azure Web Apps. Azure's continued success depends on providing customers a world class support experience, to be a differentiator in the marketplace and we need the best and brightest to take our Azure App Services support offering to the next level.
To be successful in this role, the following skills and experience is desired:
* BS in computer science or engineering or equivalent industry experience
* At least 5 years of technical escalation support experience (in a Tier 2/3 environment) including experience in a customer-facing or support role
* Service Engineering and/or DevOps experience at internet scale involving user data and/or software development for an enterprise level service
* Cloud Computing, Microsoft Azure architecture and its components.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Azure PaaS offerings
* Azure Platform development and deployment concepts
* Experience with C# and .NET, PowerShell, CLI, Microsoft Azure
* Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills, an ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies to analyze problems and identify solutions
* Networking Concepts: VIPs, NAT, DNS , VPN, Virtual Networks, OSI model
* Web protocols/methods: TCP/IP, HTTP/s, JSON.
* OS/Virtualization: OS Internals, Hyper-V, SSH, LDAP, SMB/NFS
* Experience working with OSS technologies is preferred. (LAMP, Node.js, Java, Python)
* Passion for technology and customer supportability
* Leadership - handle technically challenging and politically hot customer situations
* Strong communications skills - excellent spoken and written English communication skills and the ability to present complex technical issues clearly and concisely to a general audience
* Ability to work collaboratively with the Engineering teams to drive architectural changes to improve stability of environments
* Ability to prioritize core role responsibilities vs. other work requests received
* Logical and critical thinking
* Ability to deal with ambiguity under continual deadline constraints
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As an EEE, you will be an elite member of the Azure & Identity Serviceability EEE team and a virtual member of the Azure App Service Product Group. You will lead engineering investigations to bring quicker issue resolution to support incidents impacting our customers and improve customer experience. You will transform the Azure support teams to build highly scalable, capable support engineering force to diagnose and resolve customer issues on first contact eliminating the need for escalation. You will Identify emerging trends or re-occurring escalation scenarios and drive engineering opportunities to mitigate and/or eliminate them from the workflow. You will contribute to product improvements by filing impactful bugs, design change requests and helping developers to fix and ship them to production, preventing customers from being impacted.
You must be able to work well under pressure while also exhibiting flexibility with a strong tolerance for managing through ambiguity and uncertainty. This position requires extensive cross-group coordination at all levels, as well as an understanding of cloud with a focus on the business impact related to support, feedback and advocacy. Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to formulate strategy, represent issues and recommendations clearly, are essential to this role.
Attention to detail and a highly organized, process-focused aptitude is required to manage the variety of responsibilities and deliverables.
It's your chance to:
* Work directly with our Azure App Service Product Group to provide world-class engineering support at a product component level.
* Perform complex product debugging and remediation when needed; working alongside the Azure App Service development teams to drive support incident resolution for configuration, code, or other service deficiencies impacting customers.
* Embedded Escalation Engineers are not expected to write product code; however, should be able to apply their code skills and understanding towards efficiently resolving support issues as appropriate.
* Identify emerging trends or recurring escalation scenarios and drive engineering opportunities to mitigate and/or eliminate them from the workflow.
* The position is primarily "behind the scenes" providing engineering support to the broader Azure App Service support delivery teams for incidents that require product group engagement. At the same time, individuals should be capable and prepared to occasionally engage directly with customers to help facilitate incident resolution as appropriate.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.