What if your job description were simply "Make tomorrow better?" That's the essence of roles within our Bing Team. Every day, we bring an insatiable curiosity to the table, challenging ourselves to reimagine what is and what can be. We build on what's come before to create what's next. We drive machine intelligence. We help shape the future. We empower billions of people around the globe.
Bing is looking for outstanding data scientists to join its Bing fundamentals team, a team responsible for identifying next set of key business investments. Key to our continued success in this dynamic search space is taking enormous volumes of data and turning them into useful, actionable information to drive increased user engagement through great Bing features and improvements. We're talking petabytes of data about how searches succeed, how they fail, and how we can improve Bing and its partners. The ideal candidate will have experience working on a range of classification and optimization problems and apply these skills to build intelligent and efficient workflows capable of taking Bing's data culture to the next level.
1. Demonstrate proficiency in coding and passion to turn ideas into prototypes
2. Passionate about using data insights to get greater customer understanding
3. 10+ years of experience in applying machine learning and data mining techniques to real problems
4. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, MS or PhD preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
1. Develop classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning to identify next set of business opportunities
2. Synthesize feature ideas from observed data patterns
3. Research new strategic and creative ways to find optimal solutions to existing problems
4. Apply software development skills to a range of existing projects
5. Provide technical leadership to other engineers
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.