As part of Microsoft's vision of redefining productivity in a mobile-first and cloud-first world, we believe the modern workspace is underserved by the existing software solutions and we are building the new, truly modern collaboration and productivity hub for the workspace.
Microsoft Teams is core to Microsoft's vision for intelligent communications. We are fast becoming THE hub for teamwork in Office 365 with hundreds of thousands of organizations and tens of millions of users across the globe using Teams. We are looking for a great Software Engineering Manager to lead our mobile efforts. This position is with the Microsoft Teams mobile clients team which tackles the toughest challenges in the mobile collaboration and productivity space with customer driven shipping timelines by collaborating with multiple partner teams on technologies across the company and beyond. We are looking for a leader who is passionate about reliability, performance and cutting edge in mobile technologies. If you are comfortable working in a start-up/v1 environment, enjoy incrementally marching towards a well-defined long-term architecture in a diverse, close nit, supportive team and have a desire to continuously innovate, this may be the team for you.
* 8+ years of Software Engineering experience with track record of driving multiple products/versions from inception to delivery. Hands on experience with iOS technologies, Obj-C, Swift etc. is required.
* Hands-on experience managing people in a product development environment for 1-2 years.
* Knowledge of end to end Software development life cycle and Mobile platforms - iOS/Android
* Ability to work in large teams and mentor new developers to the team
* Strong knowledge of computer science, algorithms and design patterns
* Ability to appreciate complex problems with a thorough design and collaborate with multiple partners on common goals.
* A degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent industry experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Be a great manager, mentor, and leader of the group and broader organization. You will manage a group of 5-10 developers that are building the next generation capabilities for the Teams Mobile Application.
* Be customer obsessed. Understanding and anticipating the needs of our customers in a changing business and technology landscape is critical.
* Have a great understanding of Mobile applications, deep understanding of the competitive landscape and usage scenarios. Product vision and ability to plan + design various features in stages to reach the end goal in an evolutionary way is critical.
* Be a great engineer. You will be accountable to the design, implementation, schedule, delivery, of your team and services. Doing this in an efficient, maintainable way with emphasis on reliability and product performance as the top concern is a must.
* Earn the technical respect of the people on your team. This is a technical position and the ideal candidate should be capable of working in the code, supporting partner services, and understanding the data flows.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.