The Initiative is a new first-party game studio located in Santa Monica backed by XBOX Game Studios, a division of Microsoft Corporation. Our studio is about craft, creating story, innovating, and looking ahead to the next big thing.
We are looking for collaborative problem solvers who want to dive into something new and create groundbreaking experiences for our players. Join us for this once in a career opportunity to help build the studio, define our culture, and create an environment to attract world-class talent.
The Initiative has an immediate opening for an IT Manager to build and lead the studio's IT Operational and Strategic requirements as we grow. In this role, you will work with various stakeholders and teams to understand their needs to design, build and support them with the needed IT infrastructure.
* 5+ years IT Engineering/Operations experience within the past 8 years
* Experience in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale complex infrastructure systems
* 2+ years' experience with enterprise storage technologies
* Working Knowledge of Active Directory fundamentals (Administration\Troubleshoot of Active Directory, Group Policy, AD Replication, Authentication, Kerberos)
* Knowledge of Desktop technologies (User Profiles, Domain Joining, Windows 10)
* Knowledge of various OS related functionality including, but not limited to Backups, Capacity Planning, Disaster Recovery, and File System Management
* Advanced knowledge in configuring, administrating and troubleshooting of Microsoft® Windows Products including Windows Server 2008/R2, Windows Server 2016/2012/R2, Win10
* Understanding of different protocols and services (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, SNMP, WSUS, WDS)
* Strong fundamentals on TCP/IP concepts, load balancing, GTM, ACL, routing, network analysis and performance and application issues using standard tools
* Experience within the last 5 years operating business critical services
* 3+ years in a lead role within the last 5 years
* 1+ year experience with using an Enterprise Cloud Service with in the past 3 years
* Experience in designing, developing, and testing complex infrastructure solutions which supports distributed software development and is secure, scalable and highly available
* Demonstrated understanding of various network hardware components such as switches, routers, and the roles they play in data transport
* Working knowledge of data center fundamentals
* IT Operations/Engineering experience within an interactive gaming studio
* Experience writing code/scripts in C# or PowerShell
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Operational - 70%
* Provide break-fix support for PC and MAC users across a variety of IT infrastructure and technologies
* New hire hardware and software setups including all profiles, appropriate network access and user aliases
* Manage, track and renew all software licenses that the studio possesses and needs to acquire
* Maintain and troubleshoot all wi-fi and wireless connectivity infrastructure
* Local area network management including network security, fiber connectivity, switches, routers, firewalls and all network administration requirements
* Oversee and mitigate risks within our server room including all racking, cabling, patch panels, and the infrastructure that powers the room (HVAC, power and lights)
* Drive all inventory tracking and asset tracking documentation for existing and future IT hardware, software and license assets
* Manage key deliverables including storage, backup strategies, data transfers and cloud/streaming initiatives
* Source, procure and purchase all hardware, software and peripheral needs for studio staffing and general studio infrastructure requirements
* Support all conference and meeting room A/V, connectivity and voice needs, along with future hardware enhancements for these rooms
Strategic - 30%
* Identify business challenges and propose proactive technical solutions to resolve them
* Work with studio stakeholders and key business partners to design, influence and integrate technical solutions to support and enable effective game development
* Collaborate with studio IT counterparts across studios to identify best practices and lessons learned to drive operational efficiencies and future growth planning
* Spearhead all IT strategic planning discussions related to potential future studio relocations
* Oversee IT integration with multiple remote partners and offsite locations
* Identify long-term strategies and business justification for additional IT resources to accommodate studio growth
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.