CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service - all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
* October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
* June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
* April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
About the Role
CrowdStrike Falcon is a two-component security product. One component is a "sensor", which is a lightweight agent installed on client machines that observes system activity and recognizes malicious behavior, then provides on-box prevention capability and remote telemetry to the Falcon cloud. The cloud component aggregates sensor telemetry for each customer's network, can correlate malicious behavior across multiple machines, and presents our customers' operations teams with a prioritized summary of the threats detected in their environments.
This is a Principal Software Development Engineer (SDE) role in the engineering team that delivers the sensor (lightweight agent) on Linux. This role will be responsible for defining the technical direction and leading the design and implementation of new features to surface containers as logical end-points in the end-to-end Falcon product. These features will deliver the power of the Falcon end-point protection platform for Docker and other container implementations built on top of LXC.
SDE's in the team own design and development of core features of the product. Features will cross-cut most core OS subsystems such as file system, memory, process, and networking. Many features are also built in a way that they have shared components across Windows and Mac. The team operates under the Agile development principles and ships frequently.
Multiple US locations.
* Lead the definition, design, and implementation of container-specific features in the Linux sensor
* Own features from design to delivery
* Collaborate with multi-functional team in various physical locations
* Troubleshoot issues with the product as reported from customers responsively
* Other projects as assigned
* Experience in leading the definition, design and implementation of product features in C/C++ on Linux / Unix with the following characteristics:
* high concurrency requirements needing strong use of multi-threading
* high reliability requirements
* detailed requirements on low-level operating characteristics (memory usage, efficient performance, correct conformance to external standards)
* Experience in designing and developing container runtime engines that use LXC, software that monitors LXC containers. or optimized virtual machine environments to run LXC containers.
* Experience working on a team to ship major features and releases
* Ability to communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a distributed team
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
* Market leader in compensation + stock options
* Competitive vacation policy
* Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan (US only)
* Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
* Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
* Wellness programs
* Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
* Peer recognition
* Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
* Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry's best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
CrowdStrike is a provider of security technology and services, focused on identifying threats in advance and on targeted attacks.