Imagine the future you could help us build.
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world's leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
iRobot delivers innovative robots that are making a difference in people's lives. From cleaning floors to disarming explosives, we constantly strive to find better ways to tackle dull, dirty and dangerous missions-with better results.
iRobot is seeking a Principal Software Engineer in Test. This software development engineer will help enable automated test developers by working with the software development team to design and implement software test approaches/mechanisms as well as develop and automate tests for continuous regression testing. A successful candidate will have a passion for quality, testing, delivering great products - all, while inventing the future.
Software Test (SWT) - Mission Statement -- Plan and execute software focused testing to quickly identify defects early in the development and integration process, reduce regression and configuration testing time through automation, and confirm that the product functions as intended.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
* Strong Embedded Software test and automation experience
* Ability to develop test plans / cases from user stories and requirements
* Develop continuous integration automation using Python, simulators, fixtures and software tools.
* Influence software design to maximize testability and automation potential.
* Work side-by-side with developers and functional testers to create test specifications from user stories/requirements and transform selected tests into an automated test suite..
* Provide leadership for manual and automated test efforts.
* Provide mentorship and coaching to software test engineers for scripting, test development and execution concerns.
* Promote and implement automation capabilities throughout the entire software development lifecycle including, functional, performance, scale and stress.
* Develop metrics to track automation progress and results reporting. This includes peer reviews and inspections to help measure functional coverage, plus defect trends.
* Minimum 5 years' experience developing software solutions.
* Strong software development skills - C/C++, Python, Java
* Experience with Embedded SW testing
* Familiarity with software build and delivery process.
* Proficient in Windows and Linux -- system & network management, troubleshooting.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
* Adaptive fast learner - able to ramp up quickly on domain area.
* Self-motivated, flexible with a passion to make a difference.
* Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
* Proficient using MS Office productivity packages - Excel and Word.
* Willingness and ability to mentor others.
* BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
* Experience in Agile methodology a plus
* Team engagement, able to bridge the gap between software developers and software test engineers.
* Familiarity with any of the following applications and technologies is a plus:
* Robotics: embedded systems for control, navigation, manipulation, sensors, video.
* Communications: WiFi, Ethernet, wireless, Bluetooth, TCP/IP, Cloud environment.
* OS: Windows, Android, iOS
* API automation testing including working experience with test frameworks
* Experience with Test Management Systems
iRobot is an American technology company that designs and builds behavior-based AI robots.