Imagine the future you could help us build.
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world's leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
Do you want to steer the future of one of the largest consumer robot companies in the world? You will have a hand in developing the next generation of products that will live in millions of homes across the world. As a pioneer in the robot industry, our goal is to drive innovation, serve as an industry catalyst and change the world by empowering people to do more
You have a passion for Mathematics and have successfully completing coursework in: Lie Algebra, Differential Geometry, Group Theory, and Linear Algebra. You have completed research focused in Topological Space (Manifolds) weather through personal project, academic research or production level work.
What you will do:
* Design, implement, test, and document robotics and vision algorithms in C/C++/Python on desktop and embedded platforms. The candidate will participate in the creation of the next generation of consumer robotics products developed at iRobot.
* The position's responsibilities also include validation and characterization of the products developed at iRobot including embedded solutions for vision and navigation, robotics components, and hardware.
* The position involves a substantial portion of "hands-on" work and requires an individual able to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Advanced mathematical background: Topology, Differential Geometry, Group Theory, etc.
* Path-planning, obstacle avoidance, SLAM, estimation and control
* Hands-on experience developing robotics or vision systems.
* Working knowledge of C/C++/Python.
* Required MS Degree: Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Mathematical Physics, Computer Science or related fields
* Beneficial: Ph.D. in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Mathematical Physics, Computer Science or related fields
* Systems, compilers, and computer architecture.
* Working experience in both Linux and Windows.
* Experience validating complex systems involving hardware, software, and mechanical components.
* A solid engineering background with hands-on design and development experience.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
* Ability to learn quickly
* Ability to build/assemble/modify electronic assemblies or robots into various configurations for test purposes.
* Understanding of and experience with any of the following: behavior-based control, navigation,
* Understanding of and experience with any of the following: object recognition, structure
* From motion, 3D reconstruction, ego-motion estimation, feature extraction and matching face recognition.
* Hands-on design and development experience of software and hardware products.
* Experience developing embedded systems.
iRobot is an American technology company that designs and builds behavior-based AI robots.