Job CategoryProducts and Technology
The Principal Architect - Eventing Platform, within the Office of the CTO, plays a central role in driving the Anypoint Platform's capabilities to support event-driven architectures. (By "event-driven we mean asynchronous, event- or message-driven communications between applications, also including event sourcing.) You will chart a path in the industry and in our product for evented APIs, to complement synchronous web APIs and bulk APIs. You will lead our field and other industry experts in crafting event-driven reference patterns for our customers and the market, showing how to combine them with synchronous architectures to form robust, performant application networks. You will provide platform-level architecture for the runtime services layer of the Anypoint Platform, in the cloud, on multiple public clouds, and on prem. The impact is direct and major, on the trajectory of the company, on our customers, and on the industry as a whole.
What you'll achieve:
* Own overall platform architecture for this domain, including its direction, its principles, its various levels of abstraction, and its current state. Drive its information hierarchy and structures, domains of responsibility, key technologies.
* Partner with the product management team to define and deliver the vision for this area in our platform, as measured by overall customer value. It will span most if not all our platform over time, and leverage several highly differentiated capabilities in the platform.
* Work closely with the team for this area of the platform to create a shared vision for each component's architecture and how the pieces fit together.
* Collaborate with the platform architects for the other areas of the platform so the overall architecture that emerges is coherent and efficient at achieving the value for our customers.
* Keep this real, up to date, agile -- the opposite of an ivory tower.
* Iteratively evolve the platform architecture based on discoveries made while "peeling the onion", real-world implementation experience, product feedback, roadmap priorities, and other realities.
* Create effective communication vehicles for the platform architecture targeted at a spectrum of audiences and needs, external and internal.
* Architect not only the long-term state but also the path to get there, accounting for near-term product deliverables, technical debt, and the maturity and likely evolution of relevant technologies.
* Lead by example and work closely with engineering on strategic initiatives, designing high quality software, providing detailed feedback in design and code reviews, and bringing the craft of software engineering to bear on everything we do.
* Innovate and lead explorations into new areas and new technologies, within the company but also with other industry leaders.
* Proactively identify architectural weaknesses and recommend appropriate solutions.
* Evaluate new technologies and stay current with a broad range industry trends and developments.
* Hack. Blog and tweet and talk. Often.
What you'll need to be successful:
* Breadth of expertise in messaging technologies, brokers both traditional and more modern, and the spectrum of messaging protocols and standards. A keen sense for what patterns and capabilities are important to event-driven architectures and which ones are overly complicated or introduce too much coupling.
* Deep interest and experience in broad software platforms, including platform information architecture, information flow, the appropriate modularization and loose coupling, flexibility vs specialization and optimization.
* Proven talent for architecting incredibly capable systems that are incredibly simple relative to those capabilities.
* A hands-on, practical approach to software and technology. You code. You deploy. You integrate. You prove by doing.
* Uncanny ability to drive a compelling long-term vision, sketch broad, long-lasting design directions, extract the principles which underpin the architecture, and dive all the way down to very specific implementation details, so you effectively hold the entire platform architecture in your head -- the forest and the trees.
* Matching abilities to capture the architecture in diagrams and documents, communicate it consistently and at the appropriate levels, guard it and evolve it, share it and involve others in advancing it forward.
* Master of architecting systems that can actually be built with finite time and resources, in that developers can run with the architecture, can make it their own, can translate it to the daily decisions that make up software development, and can inform the architecture.
* A great collaborator: someone whom the strong developers, leads, and architects on the teams want to work with, to follow through thick and thin; someone they understand and who understands them; an obvious leader of leaders.
* Exemplary track record of significant, ideally game-changing innovation and creativity.
* A can-do approach backed by accomplishments: they said it couldn't be done, so I came in and found a smart way and made it happen, and ended up knocking it out of the park.
* Deep, hands-on expertise in cloud architectures (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, distributed systems) and approaches to address their unique management and security considerations.
About MuleSoft, a Salesforce company
Our mission is to help organizations change and innovate faster by making it easy to connect the world's applications, data, and devices. Companies like Spotify, McDonald's, and Unilever rely on MuleSoft to stay agile, deliver faster, and make the most of their IT investment with API-led connectivity. Hiring exceptional people who want to build a great company together is our number one priority, and we're committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace where everyone is supported and inspired to do their best work. We work tirelessly to build this culture, and we're proud to have been named the #1 Top Workplace in the Bay Area and a best place to work 6 years in a row.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Salesforce is a cloud computing company that develops CRM solutions and provides business software on a subscription basis.