Job CategoryProducts and Technology
The Enterprise Architect (EA) is responsible for the architecture of global enterprise solutions spanning multiple business areas. The EA is also responsible for ensuring that solution architectures meet the requirements of projects and also aligns with the Enterprise Architecture roadmap. The EA works with business and IT teams to ensure business processes are enabled by standard and supported technologies with the appropriate level of enterprise integration and -ilities (e.g. reliability, manageability, scalability, etc.). The EA works with process and project team leaders to provide a cross-functional architectural view, bridging the gap between various teams and projects to make sure the solution architecture is integrated end-to-end. The EA also partners with various stakeholders to develop Business Architecture, Salesforce on Salesforce and Data Architecture vision and strategy.
* Establish Customer Zero relationship with Salesforce Product team supporting the application cloud (platform) offering
* Lead formulation of strategies for enterprise services and platforms like application cloud (Heroku & Force.com, AWS, GCP, etc.), data, integration, collaboration, etc.
* Be an evangelist for the new product features as well as voice of customer for internal customer needs
* Promote the EA processes, strategies and recommendations to the IT and business leaders and the extended IT teams
* Develop and maintain architecture artifacts, frameworks and patterns as references for various teams across IT
* Participate in the evaluation and refresh of architecture principles that form the basis for EA governance (EARB) and architecture of solution that are implemented to enable new capabilities
* Provide architecture leadership and oversight for large transformational enterprise impacting initiatives
* Lead the enterprise architecture assessment to identify reuse opportunities and identify factors that need to considered in the solution architecture
* Participate in the architecture community of practice, IT technology talks, external events and conferences and customer briefings
* Lead and/or participate in the enterprise architecture governance (EARB, technology sourcing, data councils) and compliance processes to ensure all areas of IT are implementing solutions consistent with the target architecture
* Lead the development and execution of change management plan for enterprise strategies, process or frameworks that the other IT teams will leverage/adopt
* Liaise with management and subject matter experts across the industry and within the organization to accomplish enterprise architecture goals and objectives
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, systems analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent experience
* 15+ years progressively responsible experience in information technology, including substantial senior level technical experience in Enterprise Architecture (Business, Data & Applications)
* 5+ years of experience with Salesforce platform (force.com and Heroku) and other cloud technologies/platforms
* 5+ years of leading and managing enterprise architecture in a mid-large enterprise
* Salesforce certification on multiple domains is a must
* Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
* Proven ability to lead development of architecture assessment, roadmaps and strategies
* Demonstrated success in participating in the development and implementation of a robust, scalable architecture that encompasses technology solutions and business objectives
* Experience in defining enterprise architecture, mapping existing systems to it, and identifying and evaluating options to close gaps
* Knowledge of business re-engineering principles and processes
* Ability to define, maintain and manage architecture models, frameworks and artifacts and their building blocks (lower level component) for the enterprise
* Ability to enable decision making by collaborating with key stakeholders and the extended IT team to deliver results, and to resolve conflicts expediently
* Experience in a broad range of industries
* Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
* Strong leadership and presentation skills
* Excellent analytical and technical skills
* Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely in written documents (graphics or text), and to present these coherently and logically
* Experience with large scale project delivery (e.g., CRM, BI/DW, ERP, etc.) is a plus
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Salesforce is a cloud computing company that develops CRM solutions and provides business software on a subscription basis.