What you'll be doing...
Creating technologies to solve the world's biggest challenges is no small task. Join our Corporate Information Security Team focused on security awareness. If you think creatively and converse as easily with engineers as with artists, then we want you!
You will coordinate security awareness activities and initiatives designed to influence teams supporting technical disciplines, (i.e., developers, system administrators, database administrators, information security, and network administrators) to exercise sound security behaviors. You will play a significant role in helping us reduce risk to our organization by ensuring all individuals with access to Verizon information resources understand and follow our security requirements, and behave in a secure and responsible manner.
* Coordinate targeted awareness training to enable system operators, innovators, and security practitioners to adopt sound security behaviors while executing day-to-day functions.
* Support security awareness initiatives as assigned to help minimize the human threat to Verizon information assets,
* Formulate communication strategies and plans to support major security initiatives that are visually appealing, branded appropriately and convey the appropriate tone for interacting with users in a positive manner.
* Manage projects that will require the ability to plan, manage, maintain and sustain a complex, organization wide program long-term.
* Identify creative and innovative methods to effectively leverage a variety of communications channels, activities, and events to drive positive security behavior adoption.
* Coordinate with team members and openly share thought leadership and experience on proven techniques.
* Develop and operationalize measures to determine if awareness and education efforts are accomplishing the desired outcome.
* Maintain current with cyber security threats and trends.
* Consistently deliver high quality work products that fully address the criteria for which they were intended, requires minimal modification, and are grammatically sound.
* As a contributor, take ownership for assigned areas of responsibility and effectively manages work load to meet team deadlines.
* Project confidence, poise and competence under pressure while interacting with team members, and partners.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in Security Awareness/ Training or a similar background in the Security Education areas.
* Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Certifications: PMP, CISM, CISSP.
* Solid understanding of information security and foundational principles.
* IT Operations or system development experience.
* System administration, database administration, network administration or coding/ development experience.
* Experience working in a Fortune 100 or other large enterprise expertise.
* PC skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office / G-Suite tools.
* Solid understanding of Verizon business operations and knowledge of the foundational technologies used across environments.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.