What you'll be doing...
* Work on enhancement features assigned in ongoing releases supporting web, mobile and TV solutions utilizing responsive design components, including integration with Mobile App SDKs.
* Develop and test Java front-end web application software and Java middleware and business objectsto modify existing architecture, or implement new architecture and make necessary changes to the system interfaces utilizing Verizon's DevOps source and object code libraries and configuration management procedures.
* Confirm to existing industry and Verizon security coding standards adhering to fortify scan and other security tool review requirements.
* Create and provide system and user documents in support of this deliverable to include updated versions of design, process flow diagram, API specification, and error description.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience
* Experience with Java Development (Client/ Server).
Even better if you have.
* A degree.
* Experience with Spring Secured SOAP and RESTful services, BEA Weblogic Portal Framework/Servers 10.2, Oracle Weblogic Portal Framework/Servers 10.3, UNIX server management, and Oracle 10g.
* Experience in utilizing web services, APIs, and object oriented programming supporting Sun OpenSSO and ForgeRock OpenAM and OpenIG development, including policy agents, APIs and Federation integrations using SAML and OAuth technologies.
* Knowledge of Application Security with specific exposure to Sign sign-on technologies.
* Knowledge of industry secure coding standards to prevent common vulnerabilities such as SQL Injections, Cross Site Scripting, Open Redirect and other secure coding standards.
* Knowledge with IP, HTTP/HTTPs protocols.
* Experienced in Unit testing, load test and automation tools like JUnit, NUnit, Gatling, Selenium, Watir, Sitespeed.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills; can present concisely and effectively to audiences including director and executives.
* Strong organization skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities to successful completion.
* Experience making independent decisions based on policies, practices and project requirements.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.