What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
AMD Research is an entrepreneurial research organization with a strong track record of driving innovations into AMD products. We are a global leader in the development of the world's most advanced high performance exascale computers. We work closely with government and commercial customers along with internal teams and partners to develop hardware and software technologies into next generation computing platforms. As part of AMD Research, you will have a leadership role in a winning team to lead the development of best-in-class hardware and software technologies as we drive beyond exascale.
You cannot stop generating architectures that execute machine learning algorithms at speeds that exceed expectations. You continuously build systems that incorporate your ideas in tight collaboration with application developers (customers) and other engineers. You delight in describing your team's novel solutions to academic and commercial audiences.
AMD Research is looking for a senior level machine learning developer/architect to drive our long-term vision in heterogeneous compute architectures that dramatically accelerate training and inferencing. In this role, you will conceive, propose and deliver projects to advance AMD's machine learning products beyond the state of the art. You will be responsible for driving the development of machine learning algorithms and software into a scaled-out environment that utilizes a variety of accelerator technologies including, but not limited to GPUs, FPGAs and tightly coupled CPUs. You will work closely with teams in research as well as product teams and external customers to define architectures, algorithms, and system techniques that address tomorrow's needs running on AMD's flagship products. In addition, your machine learning research will help define AMD's hardware architectures and you will develop machine learning solutions using hardware designs influenced by your work.
* Develop a unique research agenda centered on Machine Learning in heterogeneous compute architectures.
* Conceive, propose and deliver projects that create novel technologies.
* Drive the results of the research projects into product roadmaps.
* Propose and attract external funding for research projects in your field.
* Drive research and development, technology transfer and customer interactions that lead to the development of best-in-class machine learning solutions.
* Test and analyze the performance systems using datasets and execution patterns that match customer needs.
* Submit patentable innovations.
* Communicate research results to academic and commercial audiences.
* Champion an innovation culture that creates results and products.
* Demonstrated track record of successful research that is both published academically and integrated into commercial products.
* Demonstrated track record of issued patents that are embodied in successful products.
* Recognized expertise in machine learning, AI, DNN, and related algorithms, compute architectures, and systems.
* Deep knowledge and experience using one or more of the following machine learning software frameworks: CAFFE, pyTorch, MXNet, Tensorflow, or similar frameworks.
* Large-scale machine learning system design experience
* Demonstrated expertise with GPGPU or FPGA acceleration of machine learning algorithms
* Experience leading technical teams
* Experience collaborating across a geographically distributed team (within North America)
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
* Programming Languages: C++, C and proficient in OOP design & development
* Track record of substantial research grants.
* Experience with High Performance Computing systems
* Multiple academic awards
* PhD degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electric/Computer Engineering or related field
* This position can be located in Santa Clara, CA; Austin, TX; or Bellevue WA
Requisition Number: 73831
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is a semiconductor company that designs and develops graphics units, processors, and media solutions.