The Digital Crimes Unit (DCU) within Microsoft's Corporate, External, and Legal Affairs organization is chartered with protecting people online. Our vision is a safer digital experience for every person and organization on the planet. DCU opened its Cybercrime Center in Redmond, WA, as a center of excellence for advancing the fight against cybercrime and protecting people online. The Cybercrime Center is a cutting-edge facility and the worldwide headquarters of the Digital Crimes Unit (DCU). DCU is a team of more than 100 attorneys, investigators, engineers, analysts, forensic specialists, data scientists, and business professionals located in Redmond and globally focused on delivering on this vision. As the epicenter of the company's battle against malicious code and botnets, unlicensed/unmanaged software (piracy), and technology-facilitated child exploitation, the Cybercrime Center contains two state-of-the-art crime labs, and dedicated space for customers, partners, law enforcement, and academic experts to fight cybercrime in partnership with DCU.
The DCU team has an immediate opening for a Principal Program Manager to lead the engineering team responsible for the solutions delivery of our cloud based environment with state of the art analytics and telemetry; as well as the adoption of machine learning and artificial intelligence. Our team uses Agile and Lean development practices with a 2-week cadence to release to production. This is a unique opportunity at Microsoft to work in a team with reach and impact to important world events while applying your technical skills.
The successful candidate will be passionate about Capability Delivery, Collaboration, Business Intelligence, Big Data and Cloud Computing Technologies.
Highly Desired Qualifications Include:
* A CS degree or equivalent work experience
* 10+ years of professional experience in designing, developing and shipping high quality commercial enterprise products (database, operating system etc.).
* 6+ years program management experience, with strong track record in project management, excellent time management and organization skills, and the ability to think holistically and critically
* Strong technical background and problem solving skills, and solid foundation on software engineering principles and software architecture design. Specifically, a deep history and understanding of systems that are data rich (big data and data analytics)
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively across teams and disciplines.
* Expertise in one of the major object-oriented programming languages: C++, C# or Java.
* Experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence stack such as Power BI as well as large scale event telemetry ingestion and aggregation systems
* 3+ years of professional experience working within dedicated Agile and/or Scrum development environments
* Passion for improving software quality, performance and reliability, engineering excellence, customer success and collaboration with business stakeholders
* Experience in working with data at cloud scale
* An attention to detail with self-discipline and a drive for results
* Creative and innovative thinker
Desired Experience and Skills
* High Proficiency in Data Warehousing & Analytics, including creating architectures for high value Azure PAAS technologies
* Have a strong interest in machine learning, or data science or text analytics
* Experience in Microsoft Key management characteristics, distribution and analysis
* Knowledge of/passion for security
* Drive for Results
* Influencing for Impact
* Planning, Organizing, and Executing
* End-to-End Innovation
* Technical Excellence
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As a Principal Program Manager, you will have the responsibilities to lead the DCU engineering team through defining strategy, partnering with the DCU Product Owner to understand user requirements, derive product specifications, and lead the dev/ops team on the product technical design, implementation, quality and timely delivery of the tools & services owned by the team. You will also participate in strategic planning and innovation of the next generation best practices for tomorrow's DCU environment. To be successful in this position, you must have strong passion for the customer as well as great problem solving skills, communication skills, and project management experiences.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.