343 Industries, the studio developing Halo games, is looking for a Senior Networking Generalist to join our team working on the next, big Halo shooter experience.
Qualifications and Skills
* Shipped multiple AAA console and/or PC titles as a networking engineer or generalist with deep knowledge of network systems.
* Ability to identify problems and drive tangible results with limited guidance and oversight.
* Experience debugging and tracking down networking-related issues; able to diagnose what it means when told the game "lagged out".
* Experience programming with UDP and HTTP, gracefully handling errors and managing bandwidth.
* 8+ years of professional C++ experience, working with both legacy and modern code.
* Experience working with the Xbox One platform
* Experience working with asynchronous C++ APIs
* Experience with UI development or working closely with UI developers.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
In the Games as a Service world of AAA game development, our client networking developers are responsible for all game communication with our various services and servers, both internal and external to 343. From high-level HTTP calls to low-level UDP game traffic, our networking developers are responsible for ensuring a rock solid game experience for our players, even in sub-optimal networking conditions.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.